Shadow glitch when "Follow camera" enabled (gif)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

2 hours ago, Eliphaz said:

you are aware when you set it to follow camera it says "not recommended for animations" right?

Yes, however how else are you supposed to animate in big schematics? when you have characters A in X position and characters B in Y position and there is a big distance from X to Y the shadows become screwed up.

1 hour ago, moniker said:

Yes, however how else are you supposed to animate in big schematics? when you have characters A in X position and characters B in Y position and there is a big distance from X to Y the shadows become screwed up.

• Set up the sunlight range to cover all the necessary area, positioning the schematic so that the sun's origin is halfway between X and Y to optimize it;
  • Cut your schematic into smaller pieces, hiding and displaying them as needed rather than working with one large piece of terrain;
  • Learn to manage your expectations and stop pestering the developers with your constant necroposting, ridiculous hyperboles, and endless pinging.

1 hour ago, Voxy said:
  • Set up the sunlight range to cover all the necessary area, positioning the schematic so that the sun's origin is halfway between X and Y to optimize it;
  • Cut your schematic into smaller pieces, hiding and displaying them as needed rather than working with one large piece of terrain;
  • Learn to manage your expectations and stop pestering the developers with your constant necroposting, ridiculous hyperboles, and endless pinging.

When the sunlight is too large the shadows become glitched. Having to cut schematics around is annoying. Just make the program work as intended (ie, not glitching when you are using follow camera, etc)

Most likely we are stuck with this nonsense until Mineimator is ported out of CrapMaker

But until the program needs to improve as much as possible. Otherwise stop complaining that most people do shitty animations if the program is basically a toy.

Edited by moniker

7 minutes ago, moniker said:

Most likely we are stuck with this nonsense until Mineimator is ported out of CrapMaker

But until the program needs to improve as much as possible. Otherwise stop complaining that most people do shitty animations if the program is basically a toy.

:facepalm:

Guess what? It is a toy. It was never meant for large-scale projects, it's just a small tool to let kids make short animations based on the game they like. If you can't wrap your head around that fact and realize you're asking way too much of it, that's on you, bud. You want a proper, more competent animation program? Go get one.

You're like "oh just improve it" or "oh just port it", but do you even realize that it's only one college student spending all his spare time maintaining the program? It's true that the program has a lot of problems, but they all stem from the engine, or the workflow david introduced all the way back in 2012 when he created it. Changing any of those would basically require having significant portions, if not the entirety of the program rewritten. And guess what? It is not worth the effort.

In no way it is worth investing so much time just because someone asks too much of a toy. You're probably gonna say that Mine-imator is easy and that learning another program is hard. But of course a toy is easy to use. If you're not willing to put in the effort to move on to a serious tool, then it's your problem, and not the toymaker's.

Should i remind you that,"CrapMaker" is a 2d engine and david some how got it to make a 3d animation tool wich is farely great and,nimi is trying his best to fix it while working on another program to help the comunity to make our animations/wallpapers better and all you do is complain, you sir are pathetic.

-Ian prettty pissed at moniker

2 hours ago, moniker said:

@moniker, you're acting so entitled it's ridiculous.
Nimi has no obligation whatsoever to cater to your every whim, especially when you're acting like this about it.
All you're doing at this point is further driving your own reputation through the mud by literally acting like a toddler; having a tantrum when you don't get your way.

No-one is going to take you or your "suggestions" seriously unless you change, and you can start by growing up, realising you're not above everyone and stopping this ridiculous argument you've started for no reason.

All the good points have been made by other members before me, but I have one thing to say:

Of all things to complain this hard about, you picked the "follow camera" feature? Really? The feature that recommends to not use it in animations?

Anyway, gotta give you some ground holding kudos. You picked one dumb thing and just wouldn't let it go.

17 hours ago, moniker said:

I've been critisized by calling Mineimator a toy in the past. You drones will follow whatever Voxy had to say. Not an argument.

mHUHSnf.png

You're dismissing my whole point because of an irrelevant past incident, and your only response to being called out for your entitlement is to call people drones? Are you serious?

You can't even accept the fact that your attitude is problematic. You think they're just mindlessly following me when in reality, we just think you're despicable.

You have zero respect for the developers. You constantly boss them around for minor inconveniences, getting hostile towards other members suggesting workarounds. The devs' job isn't to give you that perfect blend of C4D and Mine-imator you keep fantasizing about because you can't be bothered learning to use the real deal. And waving your unprovable claim of being a donator doesn't justify shit, it only makes you look even more entitled.

I wish we could find a trace of your alleged donation so that we could give you your money back and stop having to deal with you.

18 hours ago, moniker said:

I've been critisized by calling Mineimator a toy in the past. You drones will follow whatever Voxy had to say. Not an argument.

go make a program on an engine that does not support what you are wanting to do,then make it farely great,get one of the members of your comunity complain about minor things an boss you around then come back and les see if you will act the same way

On 8/13/2019 at 3:52 PM, Nimi said:

Hi! This bug will be fixed in the next update of Mine-imator. There is currently no ETA for the next update, so stay tuned! :thumbsup:

https://i.gyazo.com/80562b05cc7381ebb2dda399b3d47853.mp4

I'm sorry, but WHAT! You're giving into these terrorist demands!

On 8/10/2019 at 11:53 AM, moniker said:

When the sunlight is too large the shadows become glitched. Having to cut schematics around is annoying. Just make the program work as intended (ie, not glitching when you are using follow camera, etc)

If you don’t appreciate the fact that mi is free and has a good community,

get c4d