Nimi

Commonly suggested features

For a long time now, there has been a fair amount of suggestions that have been made that have already been suggested countless times beforehand without the original poster knowing that the suggestion had already been suggested. So I thought I would make a large list of suggestions that have already been commonly suggested. Now, while I'm not a Moderator, I do suggest looking through this list before posting your suggestion to see if it's already been suggested or not.

----

• Multiplayer/ Multi-user: The ability to work with other users through a network that allows real time editing of a project.

• Inverse Kinematics(IK): Inverse Kinematics(IK), a different way of rigging rather than what Mine-imator currently has already, which is Forward Kinematics(FK).

• iOS/ Android support: The ability to use Mine-imator on Apple iOS devices and Android phones.

• Mac/ Linux support: The ability to use Mine-imator on a Mac/ Linux.

• Extruding: The ability to stretch polygons on a model. However, Mine-imator currently does not support polygons.

• 3D text: An option to make text 3D instead of 2D.

• Inherit bending: An option to make a bendable object inherit it's parent's bend value.

• New Minecraft update features: The addition of new blocks, mobs, ect. to Mine-imator.

• Edit schematic blocks: The ability to edit blocks that are part of a schematic.

• Rounded cube: The addition of a new shape, a cube that has its edges rounded.

• Minecraft GLSL Shaders mod: The ability to load Minecraft shaders and use them in Mine-imator.

• 360 Camera/ Virtual Reality export: The ability to export Mine-imator movies and images in a 360 format.

• Hide objects on the timeline: The ability to hide objects on the timeline similar to older versions of Mine-imator.

• Glow: The ability to make objects glow with a set color.

• Crepuscular Rays(God Rays): The ability to make lights cast crepuscular rays.

• Automatic 3D skin rig: The addition of a built-in 3D rig that can be used with any skin.

• 3D Hat layer: The ability to make the hat layer 3D.

• External models support: The ability to load models such as .obj models from external programs.

• Reflective water: The ability to make water reflect objects near it.

• Changing parents: The ability to make an object switch parents in an animation.

• Physics/ ragdoll physics: The ability to make the scene have realistic physics on objects.

• .gif support for textures: The ability for surfaces to display .gif files.

• Shaking camera: The ability to make the camera generate random shaking movements.

• Tweens/ custom transitions: The ability to make custom transitions to determine how the object should move between keyframes.

4 hours ago, PikaMasterzMC said:

iOS/ Android support: The ability to use Mine-imator on Apple iOS devices and Android phones.

Who would animate using a mobile device ? I think it's pretty stupid.

But I agree on the rest.

7 minutes ago, Nicolasev said:

But I agree on the rest.

well i have really big pad (android) and it would be nice ^_^

(i didint suggested it)

51 minutes ago, Pancakes Hero! said:

well i have really big pad (android) and it would be nice ^_^

(i didint suggested it)

I guess it would be a bit too much of CPU (or whatever other word to say too much energy) for a mobile. Depends which but probably for some.

Just now, Nicolasev said:

I guess it would be a bit too much of CPU (or whatever other word to say too much energy) for a mobile. Depends which but probably for some.

yeah, the memory is sh!tty thing.

6 hours ago, PikaMasterzMC said:

Hide objects on the timeline: The ability to hide objects on the timeline similar to older versions of Mine-imator.

Holy crap, THIS is what I'd like to see. Using folders to hide unnecesary stuff is pretty annoying and it messes up the timeline of my rigs...

I don't think David would have that much problem implementing this small feature to newer versions, I mean, he has done this before so why not?

David, If you're reading this, think about it, maybe I'm not the only one who wants this :D 

Also, thanks for this post.

Spoiler

Oh, @PikaMasterzMC, can't you do a mod about this? I mean it's pretty simple isn't?

I know you don't take mod commissions but just asking

Edited by -StickyMations-

Nice post!

But ragdoll physics are impossible since not even blender rigs use that =0

physics for other objects besides characters would be possible though (someone implement this please =D)

Guys, this is just a list on what's already been suggested countless times to stop these suggested features from being suggested again in the future-- not a list on what I think Mine-imator should have.

Edited by PikaMasterzMC

what about my ideas:

1.when something parent an item it stays like that and i don't like that if you could have multiple parents and switch between them i think it would be much better. 2. be able to load the following file formats: .obj, .world(this is from a program called world painter). 3. add duplicate items back in. 4.be able to load mod items into it meaning it could have a minecraft mod folder so you could add the ninja mod for example so that we could load in the items. 5.add more schematics that look awesome. 6. your already able to make rigs(like but you half to do that step by step if they already had pre-loaded rigs(aka guns, swords, and whatever else) it would be much better and even have a rig creator. 7.be able to add eyes, mouth nose and anything else in the general places there they would be at(maybe do it with the rig creator). 8. add mobs to spawn in along with the mod loader. 9.be able to key frame tempo(to help with slow motion effects and make a cirtain parts faster) 10. i'm sorry if this list is a little long but i would also like a motion blur effect 11. maybe if you don't want to load in schematics or something. have a world generator so the world doesn't always look flat. but wait theres more:

1.add custom rotation points to things that you can't normally so that i don't half to parent a human to a folder 2.if you can't do the last one i would like it if when i parent something with something else it doesn't move everywhere(sometimes it moves when your parenting something with something else if you know what i mean) so if its in the general spot of the thing your parenting to it won't go like 10 blocks away and you would half to fix it. 3. be able to put custom bend points in things like, blocks, items, cilenders, and basically anything that you can spawn in so that you can make rigs easier 4. but i wan't to be able to key frame day and night too so that i could change it to night during the animation 5. besides motion blur i would like other effects

ps thanks david for providing this awesome software

pps does it already load .obj files?

i'll keep adding to this list another time

btw great ideas peoples

but hears even more:

1.when you put in scematics you can't open the doors from them its just not possible please i want to be able to open doors, trap doors, and chests.(using the rig creator i mentioned before)

2. when you spawn in scematics make the scematic wind up on zero

3. spawn in more shapes

ill come up with more later

and heres more: 1. have plugins like on the human people like to have the rotation point on his waistline so that the human can perform flips and stuff so have a plugins option(s)

2. have the start page(of mine-imator) look more like have news, rigs(the ones people have/will make), and stuff like that so that people can see more of whats going on, and along with that be able to log in with your forums account on it so that you can post your project directly to the forums and maybe add other accounts like social media sites.

3. try to follow the updates of minecraft more often like i know theres the topic of 1.11 coming out but no 1.10 but try to be consistant on your updates(try to follow agile methodology like scrum to help with doing this if you seem to get busy and also use a task list to keep everything in mind i know this because im a coder in training and this stuff might help you out)

ill continue this list later

I think this topic should be updated to explain if the possibility of a feature is feasible or not. For instance, Multiplayer has been suggested quite a bit. However after you and Emu have tested, it's currently plausible but not in any practical way that would be user-friendly. So it would have the status of 'Not-likely'

It'd crush hopes and dreams, but would also give users an idea of what could be added in without too much hassle to the program itself. Your choice however, as I'd imagine you'd want to use your time actually developing the program itself instead of worry about this thread.

On 7/15/2016 at 1:47 AM, Nimi said:

• Shaking camera: The ability to make the camera generate random shaking movements.

No questions asked; The people who suggested this one are wanting to animate their montages in Minecraft and Call of Duty.

On 7/15/2016 at 9:47 AM, Nimi said:

Inverse Kinematics(IK): Inverse Kinematics(IK), a different way of rigging rather than what Mine-imator currently has already, which is Forward Kinematics(FK).

I would absolutely love IK in mine-imator, i just got into blender minecraft rigs and they are a godsend with the IK, i wouldn't care for any of the other suggestion if you are going to focus on IK.

On 7/15/2016 at 6:06 AM, Nicolasev said:

But I agree on the rest.

I would go through the torture of doing that if it meant I didn't have to be thinking about animation all day until I get home. I don't know about everyone else, but I'm that 0.00000001%