Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I'm sure we all have the issues with MI's graphics. David did work hard on them, so I don't want anyone to judge, but I would definitely like some more effects. It's pretty difficult, but I think someone who is great with graphics and experienced could do these. 

- Bloom. Nothing has a bright enough effect, without post processing. Maybe we could select certain blocks in .schematics to glow with bloom. Also, when the sky is the background, there is no glow, which I would like.

-DOF. We already have DOF, but somebody should add some lines to show what is or isn't in focus.

-Lens Flares. Lens flares.

-Godrays. Godrays would definitely make things look better.

-Celshading. Should be an option

3 hours ago, Keep on Chucking said:

-Bloom: we have to use post editing programs for that for now like sony vegas or after effects

-DoF: that's a pretty good idea, won't make much of a difference though

-Lens flares: Pretty useless, achievable with surfaces and post editing

-godrays: 

Celshading: Done using inverted cubes: d6mIoWa.png

I also made (and am making) more tutorials on the kiepocu channel, so you might be able to get some neat graphics ideas from there.

I just can't get those programs, And I'm also not sure if I clarified this, but with the DOF lines, I mean that you don't have to enable effects for that. I have a weaker computer and it'd just make it faster. It's also similar with the lightrays. And for the celshading, I just don't spend as much tme in the MI community as I used to so I didn't know

3 hours ago, Mafa Animations said:

As i said multiple times, Mine-imator should be used as a primary source followed by a secondary source for these types of stuff. 

And as I have said before, I simply can't get the secondary programs required to do this

1 hour ago, MusicalPixelDroid said:

And as I have said before, I simply can't get the secondary programs required to do this

... then frickin IMPROVISE!!

Keep on Chucking here has some really great tutorials on vanilla graphics on his Kiepocu channel (which is a collab channel he owns, not to be confused with his main channel).

So lemme break it down like Lucio's ult:

Bloom Probably not. Gamemaker's 3D capabilities haven't been shown to have official Bloom support. There are workarounds like Additive Blending, but that may not be added in without some sacrifices.

DOF This feature is already in the program. You can control this by spawning a camera, and messing around with the DOF settings.

The line would be pretty damn helpful actually. I don't see why that isn't in yet.

Lens Flares Sound easy enough to add in, but it will need some work. We don't have good support for on-screen effects like vignette, so until we do this may not be in yet.

Godrays David planned this, but I assume scrapped it due to lack of ease to use or lack of knowhow to even add it in. It's not even likely this would be added in at all.

Celshading This is the most likely feature to be added in, but I think it will be really buggy when used on rigs.

Will we get an official update for this? Not an official update. David only does minor tweaks to the program as of late, and only adds in new blocks to fit the version. I'd wager if new blocks were added, that's a good time to expect something new. But not these features sadly.

As a mod? Only the easy ones, but even that's wishful thinking. However we don't have very changing mods right now, so don't expect a lot from it.

Your best bet is to do these features manually using an external program. There's not much reason you wouldn't be able to use Hitfilm Express, since it's free with most of these as features.

Edited by ÜberKiller
fixed DOF statement

As far as i know,

GameMaker uses OpenGL ES shaders.

There are (custom) OpenGL shader scripts for the Blender game engine.

So you im sure could actually write your own shaders.

But i think that will take long and you would need to compile a custom MI,

since adding shaders and buttons for them wouldn´t really work with a mod.