This Weird Kid On My Street

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So I decided I wanted to test some transitions, DOF, and character heads following the camera. I didn't know what to do for this test, so I just decided to use an occurance that happened to me recently.

x7sL1Fo.gif?1

So what can I improve on? (Don't be afraid to be a little harsh, but remember this is just a test)

The story behind it:

Spoiler

While driving home from school, we passed by this kid just standing next to the road (I was too lazy to make a whole new skin for the animation that looked like him. Imagine him with a dirty yellow t-shirt with some sort of superhero on it, and dirty jeans. And short blonde hair). He just stared at us as we passed by with a face like stunned confusion. He held a clear small tub? jar? I don't know what you would call it, but it's like some of those clear peanut/almond jars if y'know what I mean. Anyway, the jar had a label, slightly ripped, that said in sharpie,"DO NOT TOUCH", and the jar just had a little bit of dirt in it. And as we passed him, he sort of held the jar closer, as if it was his baby or a bag of gold. But his face was the best part. Just flat-out bewilderment and extreme possessiveness of his precious jar of dirt, mixed into one expression. He was so surprised that measly peasants like us would even go near his jar of dirt.

See, your only mistake here is applying logic to a small child. Anyone with experience can tell you that the normal laws of the universe simply do not apply.

DOF is a bit exaggerated, it's best used when there is detail in the foreground/background that needs to be noticed. Perhaps it would be better if everything was blurred except for Jar of Dirt Kid, but that wouldn't be very great. Other than that I don't have much to say... I wish the kid luck with his journey on dirt.

7 hours ago, Basseyh said:

Could I ask how you made it a gif? I really have some problems there...

Export the animation as an image sequence, it should be there as an option when you chose to export it, then you can go to gifcreator.me or gifmaker.me, whichever you like better. Then, you just import all those images into the website, and when they're finished loading, you change the speed of the animation to what you like, and press "Create Gif"! I use gifcreator.me for all my gifs.

15 hours ago, SteampunkSkeleton said:

DOF is a bit exaggerated, it's best used when there is detail in the foreground/background that needs to be noticed. Perhaps it would be better if everything was blurred except for Jar of Dirt Kid, but that wouldn't be very great. Other than that I don't have much to say... I wish the kid luck with his journey on dirt.

Thanks for the advice!  :D