"Build Up" - Mine-imator Collab By Heavenira

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

mhEQdDA.png

What is a Collab?

A Collab is a project that takes multiple people to complete. Unlike many Blockbuster films, entering Collab gives the participant the opportunity to create something that will shine. Something that will stand out. Whether it's funny, action-packed, or depressing, each individual strives to fulfill this ambition. That is why I made this collab.

As fun as it sounds to achieve the spotlight, many often forget the purpose of the Collab. Rather than focusing on the Collab, they try to make theirs as unique as possible, but get a bit too carried away. They slap in irrelevant blocks, showcase their rigs and even create their own plots within the Collab setting! In short, the more wacky things you do around the character makes us forget the purpose of animating it altogether. In this Collab, however, the character is the true spotlight. Everything bright around him is dull and lifeless, whereas himself. But the darker objects are even more noticeable. Now, I'm not saying that you must strictly follow the above, but it's interesting to keep in mind. Because whatever you do in this small scene, only one character shall be the spotlight.

Let's get down to how the Collab works. The character must come into the scene from the beginning platform and he must get to the end on the other platform. But you must build obstacles for him to go through. In the first example below, the parkour was built by myself and the character must go through it as any person would (I hope). You can only build the additional platforms using the same blocks provided in the file. Heck, even build text with it if you want! Make sure to balance enemy characters/etc along the way, you don't want your entry boring. If you have any questions, PM me. I now that the instructions are currently a bit unclear, but if there's confusion, I should redo the instructions. Sorry for being so preachy when introducing the Collab. Deadline is May 30th, no extensions.

EDIT: The character MUST BE STEVE! No facial rig or anything!

Download

Rules (Text):

Spoiler

Scene:

• Do not modify the restricted blocks
  • Must have at least one platform
  • Everything except the character must be grayscale
  • Character may run or walk in/out of the scene

Video:

• Must be 1920x800, no exceptions (2.39 : 1)
  • Minimum of 24 fps (final video will be 30 fps)
  • After Effects is allowed (granted that you follow the grayscale rule)
  • No Vignette Effect
  • Send to me via File Sharing Site (Mediafire, Drive, etc)

Participants

Allemn

Animator Dark

Astro Animations

BandinanQuest

Bravo

CH3COON

CreeperSweeper

Dave's Animations

DrSteve

GodOfTrouble

iRockstar12230

LucianAnimations

MineRocker

Mineupfast

Mobkiller

MusicalPixelDroid

Nicolasev

NietyFox

PixelFrosty

Proud_AnimatorZ

RedcapCreations

Shadowguy163

Shane

_X̗̗́_

Edited by Heavenira

1 hour ago, MineRocker Animations said:

Can I have different camera angles? :D

As long as the camera goes back to its normal position at the end.

1 hour ago, DrSteve345 said:

i join can i make more than 2 entry and also how much the duration of the animation?

Preferably 5+ seconds.

This wont be smooth with each different scene (since suddenly a different obstacle course will appear and AE people will be using different levels of glow) but I'll give this a shot. seems simple enough for me to do

Edited by RedcapCreations

13 hours ago, RedcapCreations said:

This wont be smooth with each different scene (since suddenly a different obstacle course will appear and AE people will be using different levels of glow) but I'll give this a shot. seems simple enough for me to do

I noticed this and a few other issues yesterday, and I spent a while figuring out how the entries would transition (I also attempted translating the clips). I settled with a dissolve transition, as it looked both haunted and slow. If you have any suggestions, I'd like to hear them.