Wallpaper Remake - Withering Away

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey guys! Today's wallpaper is a little special, because it's a remake of a wallpaper that's nearly 2 years old! I wanted to see how much I progressed, and I think there's quite a huge difference! :D Enjoy!

1CZrpKo.png

Rendered using Mine-imator 1.0.6, edited/textured using Photoshop CC 2015.

Go check out the original wallpaper by clicking here:

2 minutes ago, Emanatronic said:

The original looked more like a dynamic animation while this one looks like a beefed-up wallpaper. What is that effect called, the nice shading in the original?  o.O

EDIT: Wait, did you make the first one before 1.0.0 Full?  :v

Yup, it was made back when 1.0.0 was still a demo. Which means no ambient occlusion. :P 

4 minutes ago, Cryotivity said:

the first is better imo.

I prefer this one, as the lava makes the wallpaper look much less empty, and with the addition of the effects from MI (like AO and DOF) it looks much better.

Just now, Mooshim said:

I prefer this one, as the lava makes the wallpaper look much less empty, and with the addition of the effects from MI (like AO and DOF) it looks much better.

To be fair, I wish the scenery was more like the old one, it was a custom scenery and I had no access to it anymore, so... I had to go with a regular one.
Oh well, at least the wither itself looks much better. <:

Just now, Voxy said:

To be fair, I wish the scenery was more like the old one, it was a custom scenery and I had no access to it anymore, so... I had to go with a regular one.
Oh well, at least the wither itself looks much better. <:

I see what you mean, the fortress in the old one was better, but I still prefer the effect the lava had

Just now, PikaMasterzMC said:

What effects did you only use? (Also, this inspired me to now work on an animation. x3)

What do you mean? You mean the effects I added in Photoshop afterwards?

1 minute ago, Voxy said:

A glow effect on the lava and the Wither's eyes, some color correction, and a vignette.

Does the glow effect use your method you used as your glow suggestion? Or did you use a built-it glow effect in PS? (Just curious if I can get this effect in MI if I successfully make the glow mod.)

Edited by PikaMasterzMC

2 minutes ago, PikaMasterzMC said:

Does the glow effect use your method you used as your glow suggestion? Or did you use a built-it glow effect in PS? (Just curious if I can get this effect in MI if I successfully make the glow mod.)

I started by selecting the lava and making a new layer out of it, and I applied a few layer styles on it to make it brighter and to add an outer glow.