Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Topic

Reskinable Character Rig

BIG update! Version 1.1!

This rig includes fingers, (Including the thumb) eyebrows, eyes, crotch piece, and eyelids. It is easy to animate with and reskinable. Anyone claiming this rig as their own is committing plagiarism and lying.

DISCLAIMER: This is an improvement to my previous rig. Any customized skin made for the previous rig will be incongruous (Incompatible) and will need to be altered to fit the new formatting.

HK5pbVQ.png

Subtopic #1

How To Use

My rig is simple and easy to use. In order to move the mouth, simply drag "Bottom Lip" down with the position arrows, not too far, because the mouth hinges might disconnect. As for using the the upper lip, drag it up and down with position arrows. To use the mouth expressions, adjust the bending wheel until it fits the expression, then adjust the "X" rotation wheel (by default) to the exact opposite, e.g. Bending = 35 X rotation = -35

WStlaJ4.png

To adjust the eyebrows, eyes, and eyelids, they are simply in folders that you can drag preferably in their folders, but you can adjust them manual inside the carefully labeled folders. The fingers are a little different, but you will be able to use them regularly with a little bit of practice. The first thing you may notice that instead of operating off of cubes, this operate off of "Human parts" e.g. Torso, arms, legs. This uses recolored arms, and you adjust the fingers by changing bending and changing the "X" rotation value. The first thing you may notice is it gets thinner as you extend your fingers, this is perfectly normal and is a bug in the rig that happens because of the way Mine-imator calculates bending, contact me via profilerandom7@gmail.com if you find a way to fix this or you have a bug to report.

Subtopic #2

How To Reskin

It is easy to reskin your character, but the skin format requires room for a mouth, eyes, and fingers, and that is why you will need to update your skin. Instead of making a long explonation, Ill just make a picture.

YaBHx2G.png

Basically, erase the eyes and mouth areas and then change the hue of the Crotch piece, skin objects, (e.g. Fingers, wrists, thumbs, mouth, and eyelids.) eyes, and eyebrows too your need.

This concludes "The Reskinable Character Rig." If you have any suggestions for this rig (Or any rig, in particular) again, contact me via profilerandom7@gmail.com or through the Mine-imator fourms.

Download Link: https://www.mediafire.com/?asrbcfoaiiplo7l

-RandomPr0file

Edited by RandomPr0file

2 hours ago, BishopTheMinecrafter said:

This is awesome!! Think you could make sword rigs?

By what means? I am working on a shield rig right now, but do you mean like the blender sword? With it 3D? Or a texture pack sword?

1 hour ago, Pancakes Hero! said:

make 3d hairs, and it would be cool! yea

It would be nice, but you would need to customize the hairs for each skin, then it would be no longer re-skinable. I could make a tutorial on how to APPLY 3D hair, but I think it would be best to leave the hair flat.

14 minutes ago, Corbscraft said:

wha?

time to write an essay!

Disliking/Downrep/WTF means pressing that red down button near that heart. After that, the account loses one reputation he's gotten. How do you gain reputation? Well i'm glad you asked. See the green up arrow? It adds one reputation to the account of the player. As it gradually increases, the player becomes more well-known throughout MI forums. You know what else gradually increases? Your impatience. To read this entire thing. If a player is in the negative reputation, it means (s)he's a total idiot and shouldn't be on MI forums. The only person I know in the negatives is the guy who made that 1 MC pixel rig.. Okay I should stop.