How To Add Realistic Rain To Your MI Animations

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey everyone! Have you ever wanted to add realistic (realistic by Minecraft standards) looking rain to your MI animations for free? And without having to use advanced particle systems or anything? Well here is how: Go to the following link and download HitFilm 3 Express. Once you have it installed, open it up. Put your MI animation in your desktop or somewhere where you can find it (in this example I am using a image instead of a movie). Now create a new project in HitFilm 3. Click "Start Editing." Open up your MI animation in HF3. Then, in the side list, find effects and then find quick 3D. Drag and drop onto your time line at the bottom. Then if you press play, it should play your animation with a rain effect over the top. You can then click export and put in your settings that you want. It will export depending pretty fast depending on what your render settings are and how long your animation is. If you have any questions, please message me. Note: There are hard ways to do this in MI but this is easy. ;)

TJs3- Thanks.

Stay Inspired!

tj87fzd37Screenshot_2016_02_15_13_10_39.png

Screenshot_2016_02_15_13_13_54.png

Screenshot_2016_02_15_13_20_58.png

Screenshot_2016_02_15_13_21_41.png

Screenshot_2016_02_15_13_28_18.png

MI_Rain_Tutorial_Finished.png

Finished Product (Rig by Kicksbrickster)

Edited by TJs3
Had Email & Needed more photos

Just now, Sammaxbr said:

Just so you know, i'd remove your email from the post. One word; spammers.

?/?

1. We could make rain a hundred times better-looking than that in M.I.

2. This is a rookie who thinks that the software is limited to things that are unrealisticism because he hasn't unlocked it's true potential yet.

I'm not mad, it's just annoying. The dude's totally polite up there.  :3 

Just now, Emanatronic said:

.1. We could make rain a hundred times better-looking than that in M.I.

2. This is a rookie who thinks that the software is limited to things that are unrealisticism because he hasn't unlocked it's true potential yet.

I'm not mad, it's just annoying. The dude's totally polite up there.  :3 

okie dokie i see now

18 hours ago, Decepticon said:

We don't care about you being polite, while it's nice and all, we care about quality! And i'm somehow acting differently than what i use to, help me please.

What do you mean you're acting differently than what you used to...

On 2/21/2016 at 10:08 PM, Decepticon said:

We don't care about you being polite, while it's nice and all, we care about quality! And i'm somehow acting differently than what i use to, help me please.

Actually, I know there are a few of us with hearts who like people being polite to them.

We care about quality too. But not ALL of us "don't care about you being polite".