Instructions for Mine-imator Source Code

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Note for all users: If you are using Gamemaker Studio on STEAM, the folder David linked in the source topic is not the folder you put it in, that's the non steam version.
If you are using Gamemaker on steam, the correct location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\Shaders in your steam folder for gamemaker.

How to copy contents from Shader Files: 
Despite the common sense thing to do, you do not copy the actual file itself, you copy what's inside of it.

I'm using NotePad++ for this, recommend it. (You can use normal notepad too, just uglier)
1. Right click the VShaderCommon file indicated by David, and click "Open With" and select a text editor, it should look like this:

Spoiler

MsVbrlt.png

2. Select ALL the text inside, And copy it. Now head to your directory where your Gamemaker Shaders are.
Either: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\gamemaker_studio\Shaders
Or : C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\GameMaker-Studio\Shaders
And rightclick, and open the VCommonShader. It should look like a bunch of code. Scroll to the bottom and paste it all on the next line AFTER the last "}"
VShaderCommon should now look like this:

Spoiler

TTb9Uvc.png

3. Repeat the exact same thing you just did, for "HLSL9_VShaderCommon". Copy the text in the one provided by david, and then paste it at the end of the one in your gamemaker folder.
4. Profit$$$$?

48 minutes ago, IHaz0Cape said:

May I ask you a questio- why?

MineImator for Android. Android does not support them (I think).

I was just having an idea but I don't have gamemaker pro so I can't export it to android

18 hours ago, GoldenBullet72 said:

How can I disable shaders? Thinking about making a lite version of MI

You'd have to look at the shader scripts aswell as the normal scripts running/calling them aswell as editing the VShader files I assume.
I'm not entirely sure.

But this would be a good idea if you could do it. It'd make Mine-imator alot more accessible for the low-end computers who can't run the new shaders.

This is embarassing but...

I didn't read this and replaced mine-imator's file with the Game-Maker one.

Can someone make a copy of their game-maker with mine-imator shaders already on it?

On 2/9/2016 at 11:05 AM, Ramattack said:

can some one help meh i cant find the text i open the file and then there is no text....... please help me.....

On 1/31/2016 at 8:31 PM, Azoe said:

This is embarassing but...

I didn't read this and replaced mine-imator's file with the Game-Maker one.

Can someone make a copy of their game-maker with mine-imator shaders already on it?

#define    MATRIX_VIEW                     0
#define    MATRIX_PROJECTION                 1
#define    MATRIX_WORLD                     2
#define    MATRIX_WORLD_VIEW                 3
#define    MATRIX_WORLD_VIEW_PROJECTION     4
#define    MATRICES_MAX                    5

float4x4     gm_Matrices[MATRICES_MAX] : register(c0);

bool     gm_LightingEnabled;
bool     gm_VS_FogEnabled;
float     gm_FogStart;
float     gm_RcpFogRange;

#define    MAX_VS_LIGHTS                    8
float4 gm_AmbientColour;                            // rgb=colour, a=1
float3 gm_Lights_Direction[MAX_VS_LIGHTS];            // normalised direction
float4 gm_Lights_PosRange[MAX_VS_LIGHTS];            // X,Y,Z position,  W range
float4 gm_Lights_Colour[MAX_VS_LIGHTS];                // rgb=colour, a=1

That may be it.

Just now, Dannyboi said:

You should have gamemaker installed and be able to access assets in gamemaker when turning on the gamemaker project file.

can you make a video for me please

8 minutes ago, Dannyboi said:

You should have gamemaker installed and be able to access assets in gamemaker when turning on the gamemaker project file.

can you please make a video to help me

4 minutes ago, Dannyboi said:

I won't make a video just for one person. I don't have the time, nor the resources. Look up 'how to import gamemaker projects' on google.

nothen works i just want the update i have been trying to do this for weeks i evan got my dad to help me he did every thing they ask and it still doesnt work

Just now, Dannyboi said:

Can't help then.

ok 

1 minute ago, Dannyboi said:

Can't help then.

how can you tell if it works anywas

8 minutes ago, Dannyboi said:

Can't help then.

i am gonna upload a video on my channl check it out it is called unshapedloki57 well it well be uploaded in like 3 minutes