Some Wormhole Thing [Mine-Imator]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hello, SKIBBZ here!

Today... or tonight, I have this thing to show to you that was made in Mine-Imator with a bit of After Effects magic. The description of this video has more information if you're that interested. Anyway's, enjoy!

EDIT: I added the Vanilla version of this that was made in Mine-Imator. Looks like something you'd see from Windows Media player.

Edited by SKIBBZ
Added the Vanilla version of this

What does one of the frames look like from vanilla Mine-imator? (I just wanna see how big of a difference AE made.)

I was going to put a side-by-side comparison, but I was too lazy to wait for it to render so I only kept the first, which is the complete thing.

kgAX3HS.png

That looks so cool! It could be used for a Doctor Who animation or something. :steve_joyous:

If you want, feel free to. It'll save you the time from being flagged for third party content on YouTube.

8D 

Oh hey, that's actually pretty cool looking! Good job with that one haha 

Oh hey, that's actually pretty cool looking! Good job with that one haha 

It's incredibly old though. x3

Yours look neat, I feel like the particles should be slightly slower, maybe with some motion blur?

It's incredibly old though. x3

Yours look neat, I feel like the particles should be slightly slower, maybe with some motion blur?

Still looks good haha :thumbsup:

My Laptop loves to lag when it comes to using multiple particles and the particles have the tendency to have low-frame rate when I'm working (yeah I still disable them till I render), then when the animation is rendered, the particles are much faster looking. I guess I gotta make my particles look slow and they might look right in the final piece.  

Still looks good haha :thumbsup:

My Laptop loves to lag when it comes to using multiple particles and the particles have the tendency to have low-frame rate when I'm working (yeah I still disable them till I render), then when the animation is rendered, the particles are much faster looking. I guess I gotta make my particles look slow and they might look right in the final piece.  

Ah, still looks really neat. It reminds me of the 1996 Doctor Who time vortex.

this is bootyful

but are they rotating in opposite directions?

Thank you!

I might of accidentally flipped it while editing the video, I was experimenting with things to make it more powerful looking, didn't really work though. 

@PikaMasterzMC If you're wondering still, I added the original footage in the topic now for comparison with/ without AE. I was just too lazy to upload it. 

Thanks! It seems that your really controlling over how much is being edited and making sure it's not too over done! :D 

Yeah, no problem! I'm starting to experiment with different ways to edit than slap on a butt-ton of glow and motion-blur and call it good. That was the case back then though... but I still placed effort into making it decent mk. 

It's mainly because of my Laptop power that limits how much I want to edit. The more editing, the more times I lag and crash. I usually end up using about 3.4 GB of RAM when I'm editing. I only have 3.7 GB in total with this laptop. So that's why minimal effects was my usual standard. It also gave me a fun little challenge to make it look good with minimal effects. Plus 60 FPS is a pain for me to edit in AE.  That's one reason I don't do 60 FPS usually. This video was originally going to be 60 FPS, but AE was not letting me encode it to 60 for some reason, so that's why the edited is 30, and the un-edited is 60. 

...I just ranted about irrelevant information about my editing struggles, oh well. 

Yeah, no problem! I'm starting to experiment with different ways to edit than slap on a butt-ton of glow and motion-blur and call it good. That was the case back then though... but I still placed effort into making it decent mk. 

It's mainly because of my Laptop power that limits how much I want to edit. The more editing, the more times I lag and crash. I usually end up using about 3.4 GB of RAM when I'm editing. I only have 3.7 GB in total with this laptop. So that's why minimal effects was my usual standard. It also gave me a fun little challenge to make it look good with minimal effects. Plus 60 FPS is a pain for me to edit in AE.  That's one reason I don't do 60 FPS usually. This video was originally going to be 60 FPS, but AE was not letting me encode it to 60 for some reason, so that's why the edited is 30, and the un-edited is 60. 

...I just ranted about irrelevant information about my editing struggles, oh well. 

With most laptops. You should have the ability to insert some RAM sticks in

thats the joke 

that's a bad joke then... seriosuly. I can't even understand

SKIBBZ, I think you might be a bit confused.. .jpg isnt a video format.

giphy.gif

I used a about 3 .jpg's to get the wormhole texture. The video is a .mp4

With most laptops. You should have the ability to insert some RAM sticks in

I know that, the laptop I'm currently typing on is my school laptop that I've had since I started animation. So I can't really do any modifications to it. I'm currently building me my first PC, just missing some valuable pieces to finish.