Lightsaber slices n' acrobatics [Animation]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So I suppose a couple of you know I've been testing with lightsabers, and so I took a break from animating a different project to animate this short little flying furry of untamed tedium. The tedium only comes from how annoying to animate it was (Not to mention editing the mask to fit every single frame). Try watching it in slower speeds to figure out what's going on!

Again, the animation isn't my best. I finished the Mineimator animation for this at about 3:00 AM last night (Bad idea kids! Don't try it!). So don't expect something amazing. ^_^

Edited by Mlke

18 hours ago, MikeMine2002 said:

how u do the lightsaber

Well first I just made a red beam in mineimator then I animated him doing flips and stuff. When I was done with that I used Sony Vegas to add a red solid color, and then a mask. I edited the mask into place for every single frame that he was using the lightsaber. I then cloned the solid color, turned the top one white, and applied some glow effects to em. A very tedious process indeed.

5 hours ago, Mlke said:

Well first I just made a red beam in mineimator then I animated him doing flips and stuff. When I was done with that I used Sony Vegas to add a red solid color, and then a mask. I edited the mask into place for every single frame that he was using the lightsaber. I then cloned the solid color, turned the top one white, and applied some glow effects to em. A very tedious process indeed.

OHHHHHHHHH...

i hate you now:steve_tearful:i dont hav sony vegas

On 12/23/2015 at 7:41 PM, Mlke said:

Oh gosh anoter pirated copy! I buy my legaly in case of future vids there I get more and more popular? But yeah, dont pirate guys, its just wrong...

2 hours ago, Siamand said:

Oh gosh anoter pirated copy! I buy my legaly in case of future vids there I get more and more popular? But yeah, dont pirate guys, its just wrong...

Most of us are still young, or don't have the money. Unless your parents are generous(like mine), most resort to sailing the 7 seas and find the treasure of a good editing program.

Regarding the animation, this animation makes my jelly of you. :3

4 hours ago, Siamand said:

Erm, like the other guy said, we're young and have no money. But lucky for me, I found it on my computer, so I didn't pirate it. Which is why I don't use Adobe After Effects.