Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

It's cliché I know but I thought I'd do it first at least before I lost the chance to make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiIHbRnieRA

So yeah, that's about it. Credits in the description of the video. Feedback is welcome but this might be my last animation for a while but I can't say for certainty.

Im really just nitpicking here, but fighting... on Sand. There are smoke particles. the footsteps sound like concrete

Heh. you were right about it being cliched. nothing wrong with it. just over exaggerated

Its nice, but on those slowmo scenes. They seem very out of place

Just now, SDWAN said:

Im really just nitpicking here, but fighting... on Sand. There are smoke particles. the footsteps sound like concrete

Heh. you were right about it being cliched. nothing wrong with it. just over exaggerated

Its nice, but on those slowmo scenes. They seem very out of place

I actually found out the problem with the sound. The compression I used made the sound terrible. I actually used dirt sounds (since it sounded as a best fit, and I lacked sand footsteps)

Smoke particles.. I didn't have dust particles sadly.

And a lot of people are bothered by the slow-mo scenes, but I don't get why. What's the problem with them? (I am genuinely curious in case there is something I'm missing here)

1 minute ago, Ethan. said:

Jeez Skibbz why would you bring a knife to a gun fight.

He brought a gunblade to a gun fight.

1 minute ago, ÜberKiller said:

I actually found out the problem with the sound. The compression I used made the sound terrible. I actually used dirt sounds (since it sounded as a best fit, and I lacked sand footsteps)

Smoke particles.. I didn't have dust particles sadly.

And a lot of people are bothered by the slow-mo scenes, but I don't get why. What's the problem with them? (I am genuinely curious in case there is something I'm missing here)

People are probably bothered by the slowmo scenes becuase they don't transition well, as it looks like all the speed in the scene just suddenly went, as it seems the animation doesn't ease in out between them. it looks more linear than smooth

29 minutes ago, SDWAN said:

People are probably bothered by the slowmo scenes becuase they don't transition well, as it looks like all the speed in the scene just suddenly went, as it seems the animation doesn't ease in out between them. it looks more linear than smooth

Hmm.. you're right. And I get what you mean too. Normally the slowmo is just eased into, but instead it just goes from fast to slow.