Looks very rushed

Sorry, but you seem to have complained about every collab entry so far.

I don't mean any offense, but it is starting to get a little... irritating. I know you like to speak your mind, but sometimes you need subtlety.

Sorry, but you seem to have complained about every collab entry so far.

I don't mean any offense, but it is starting to get a little... irritating. I know you like to speak your mind, but sometimes you need subtlety.

Heh heh. complained? Riiiggghhht. lets just go with that

Criticisms are so hard to notice these days

Constructive criticism I can get behind, but you are only pointing out problems. In somewhat of a rude fashion, I might add.

The entries so far, with one or two I've asked if they could fix, have met and exceeded my expectations. Some aren't quite as fancy-looking as others, but they are still nice, and will get the job done.

If you're going to point out a problem, maybe try to do it in a more subtle way.

Ex: Hey, good animation, but it looks a bit rough. You might want to smooth it out a bit.

Again, not trying to offend, just voicing an opinion.

Constructive criticism I can get behind, but you are only pointing out problems. In somewhat of a rude fashion, I might add.

The entries so far, with one or two I've asked if they could fix, have met and exceeded my expectations. Some aren't quite as fancy-looking as others, but they are still nice, and will get the job done.

If you're going to point out a problem, maybe try to do it in a more subtle way.

Ex: Hey, good animation, but it looks a bit rough. You might want to smooth it out a bit.

Again, not trying to offend, just voicing an opinion.

I respect your opinion, but that's not the way I do things. Some people think its rude while some others don't, and I just do the way I like to, and it doesn't seem like that many people give a damn either way

I respect your opinion, but that's not the way I do things. Some people think its rude while some others don't, and I just do the way I like to, and it doesn't seem like that many people give a damn either way

Almost everyone I've talked to regarding you has found you rude. You only focus and see if you can find one small tiny little mistake, and instead of focusing on ANY good or effort in the animation, you just say "Looks very rushed". FYI that ISN'T constructive criticism. It's just dwelling on a small, little thing. 
Constructive criticism is BUILDING PEOPLE UP AND HELPING THEM
All you're doing is POINTING OUT SMALL ERRORS WHEN YOU KNOW YOU COULDN'T DO BETTER

Edited by Joshinja ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)

Almost everyone I've talked to regarding you has found you rude. You only focus and see if you can find one small tiny little mistake, and instead of focusing on ANY good or effort in the animation, you just say "Looks very rushed". FYI that ISN'T constructive criticism. It's just dwelling on a small little thing. 
Constructive criticism is BUILDING PEOPLE UP AND HELPING THEM
All you're doing is POINTING OUT SMALL ERRORS WHEN YOU KNOW YOU COULDN'T DO BETTER

So saying that this looks rushed basically means you're just gonna keep on rushing your work?

Fine by me then,

I notice good effort when I barely have any criticisms to show off, rarely I'll even point out the good things

"All you're doing is POINTING OUT SMALL ERRORS WHEN YOU KNOW YOU COULDN'T DO BETTER" See now you lost me there. if I couldn't do better, then why would I criticize?

"Constructive criticism is BUILDING PEOPLE UP AND HELPING THEM" So pointing out the faults of animations/ posters aren't telling people to be wary of that? seems so I guess

So saying that this looks rushed basically means you're just gonna keep on rushing your work?

Fine by me then,

I notice good effort when I barely have any criticisms to show off, rarely I'll even point out the good things

"All you're doing is POINTING OUT SMALL ERRORS WHEN YOU KNOW YOU COULDN'T DO BETTER" See now you lost me there. if I couldn't do better, then why would I criticize?

"Constructive criticism is BUILDING PEOPLE UP AND HELPING THEM" So pointing out the faults of animations/ posters aren't telling people to be wary of that? seems so I guess

1. I'm saying you have shown nobody that you can animate well, and so you shouldn't point out the small flukes that you're just as likely to commit and you shouldn't be so incredibly critical. All of us that animate here do it as a hobby and for fun. We don't make money. We do it because we want to.

2. You're calling what you're doing constructive criticism. Notice the word "constructive" there? What you're doing is pointing out flukes and flaws, and you MAY think you're helping people, but I have not found ANY of your criticism useful in any way other than to start an argument.

"Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of constructive criticism is to improve the outcome."
   Not once have you come off to me in a friendly manner. Always oppositional. You may feel like you're helping people, but it's just being overcritical and harsh of any difficult and hard work that people have done. Your input has never improved the outcome of my animations.

Clearly next time my animation isn't GOING to be rushed because this WAS rushed. You saying "looks very rushed" DOES NOT IN ANY WAY HELP ME. You don't need to point out something that the animator already knows to everyone.

1. I'm saying you have shown nobody that you can animate well, and so you shouldn't point out the small flukes that you're just as likely to commit and you shouldn't be so incredibly critical. All of us that animate here do it as a hobby and for fun. We don't make money. We do it because we want to.

2. You're calling what you're doing constructive criticism. Notice the word "constructive" there? What you're doing is pointing out flukes and flaws, and you MAY think you're helping people, but I have not found ANY of your criticism useful in any way other than to start an argument.

"Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one. The purpose of constructive criticism is to improve the outcome."
   Not once have you come off to me in a friendly manner. Always oppositional. You may feel like you're helping people, but it's just being overcritical and harsh of any difficult and hard work that people have done. Your input has never improved the outcome of my animations.

Clearly next time my animation isn't GOING to be rushed because this WAS rushed. You saying "looks very rushed" DOES NOT IN ANY WAY HELP ME. You don't need to point out something that the animator already knows to everyone.

I feel like you've never seen animations from me and are becoming "incredibly bias". of course I've commuted these things myself. Who hasn't? Some people get better at doing their hobbies while others bite the dust and stop trying and become very self defensive for "unknown reasons" when it comes to people not agreeing with what they do in certain aspects.

If you wanted me to start an argument instead. do say hello to my past self. as I am not usually the one who wants to start an argument, and when they do happen. I don't need to do much, but you just needed to prove a point, but for the last month or 2. you've been ignoring my criticisms, so why are you starting an argument about my criticisms

*cough* obviously googled *cough*

So your next animation isn't going to be rushed? See I actually did help you there. you're not rushin you projects every now and then right?

Edited by SDWAN

I feel like you've never seen animations from me and are becoming "incredibly bias". of course I've commuted these things myself. Who hasn't? Some people get better at doing their hobbies while others bite the dust and stop trying and become very self defensive for "unknown reasons" when it comes to people not agreeing with what they do in certain aspects.

If you wanted me to start an argument instead. do say hello to my past self. as I am not usually the one who wants to start an argument, and when they do happen. I don't need to do much, but you just needed to prove a point, but for the last month or 2. you've been ignoring my criticisms, so why are you starting an argument about my criticisms

*cough* obviously googled *cough*

So your next animation isn't going to be rushed? See I actually did help you there. you're not rushin you projects every now and then right?

First of all, this: "So your next animation isn't going to be rushed? See I actually did help you there. you're not rushin you projects every now and then right?"
Did you even read what I said? 
"Clearly next time my animation isn't GOING to be rushed because this WAS rushed. You saying "looks very rushed" DOES NOT IN ANY WAY HELP ME. You don't need to point out something that the animator already knows to everyone."
I already knew that it was rushed and that was obvious by the animation itself, and what I was saying was that just making a comment like that that is negative about the animation doesn't help an animator. It's just criticism and it doesn't help the final product.

Second: "
*cough* obviously googled *cough*"
I googled it so I could have the most easy to understand definition in order for me to make a clear point about what constructive criticism actually is. I'm not ignoring your criticisms, the truth is: They're just not helpful at all.

I have seen your past animations, and, to be honest, I wasn't very impressed. You removed them from your channel, even. My goal is to get better at animating, and your criticism does not help because it ISN'T CONSTRUCTIVE. It's either a) pointing out the obvious, or b) Overly critical or harsh.
Either way, there is absolutely no positivity in your criticism and it doesn't help.

(Also quoting all the flame up there)  ^^^

Hey, you tell the truth very well, and I thought that was supposed to be respected around here. If your thoughts are higher than someone else's thoughts because you're more technologically savvy (which I think they are), then you should be able to say something like "It seems rushed."

However, you've been criticizing these Entries with far too little words of encouragement, which is setting off the weaker animators. It's hard to consider it, but try to remember that we have years of training under our belts and it's hard for us to look at something decent and call it good.

Try criticizing these Entries like how I do it. Now stand back.

@Joshinja ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ)  You've animated a nice little 6 and half seconds or so, complete with some camera movements and such.

Nice running animation, and the flip was a nice touch (though only a bit wonky).

Every time your body went low to the floor in a crouch (3 in total, like when you were dismounting or readying yourself for a jump), it was extremely well done. In fact, your little squats are the best things in the video and remind me very much of TTJ's leg bends. Real good job on that.

I just noticed the smash that the camera did at the end of your flip jump. Nice.

Overall, the Scene was only a schematic, but I believe in movement over decoration and this is a pretty good example of a nice running and jumping animation.

My only complaint is the ending. That, my friend, looks rushed, like you wanted to be done with it already. Maybe you could of spent a little bit more time on that.

My verdict, you didn't make Mine-imator look special, but you did good. A bit better than good, but the animation was six or seconds or so... Do with that what you will.  (Six seconds)

Edited by Emanatronic

@Emanatronic The truth is always counted as an insult towards everybody here. I dont know why. it just does for some odd reason. Bro we're 2 different people so you may say you're way is better than the way I do it, but that doesn't essentially mean I'll like your way better than mine. I just do everything in the way I am most comfortable

@Joshinja ( ಠ ͜ʖಠ) I didn't remove them from my channel. they're all in a playlists. I just don't want my channel to be filled with the thing I do the most on my pass time

My criticisms have actually helped a few people around here. Can't remember who though since i've been doing this for about a year now

If they're not helpful at all then why do you have to need to blatantly need to tell me that. Ignoring them is fine enough. Didn't seem like you were caring about them either way

(Also quoting all the flame up there)  ^^^

<snip>

Every time your body went low to the floor in a crouch (3 in total, like when you were dismounting or readying yourself for a jump), it was extremely well done. In fact, your little squats are the best things in the video and remind me very much of TTJ's leg bends. Real good job on that.

I just noticed the smash that the camera did at the end of your flip jump. Nice.

Overall, the Scene was only a schematic, but I believe in movement over decoration and this is a pretty good example of a nice running and jumping animation.

My only complaint is the ending. That, my friend, looks rushed, like you wanted to be done with it already. Maybe you could of spent a little bit more time on that.

My verdict, you didn't make Mine-imator look special, but you did good. A bit better than good, but the animation was six or seconds or so... Do with that what you will.  (Six seconds)

Thank you for: a) making an excellent point, and b) offering both encouraging and helpful criticism.
I'm really glad you think that the crouching/touchdown parts are done well :D
Anyway, the reason the end seemed a bit rushed was because I had to pack it into 10 seconds per collab rules, and I had taken up a bit too much space with the blank space in the beginning, so I had given myself little time to include the gag and it didn't end up quite as well as I wanted it to.
Thanks for the well thought-out and encouraging input :D

@Emanatronic  I just do everything in the way I am most comfortable

My criticisms have actually helped a few people around here. Can't remember who though since i've been doing this for about a year now

The criticism you've posted on these entries aren't all that helpful, they just express how you feel.

The "way" that you feel most comfortable isn't an all too acceptable one... Unless your aim is to insult.

I just think you should be a little more considerate is all. That's never a bad thing.