Soo.. You can get a warning instead of a warning point but.. doesnt that ruin the purpose? Warning points are simply just warnings.

So why get warned for getting a warning?

Actually, When I think about it.. The whole ban system is flawed. You can simply just misunderstand the rules 10 times and boom. You're banned.

Talk about rules, Why doesn't they make you sit through the rules RIGHT when you join? Heck, Why not have a link to the rules right on the front page of the forum? This would make a lot of people be able to find/navigate to them easier.

Also, Theres more than one set of rules. I can name 4 topics with rules on the spot. Some rules even have massive loop-holes and are even unclear at times.

Even the mods are neglecting it with Frossa saying they'll do it "some time" and even saying "too lazy"

This is unacceptable.

The moderators are here to keep order on the forums. Not just give warning points to those who "deserves it"

Also, Appeals. The majority of the forum doesn't even know that they could appeal their warning points unless they have read the obscure rule topics.

All these things - All these flaws just come together to prevent these forums from its true potential.

Its such a shame to see a nice forum go to waste..

..that is, unless it gets fixed of course.

Sources:

http://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/3-the-rules-of-the-mine-imator-forums/

http://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/29621-what-is-spam/

http://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/27607-mini-modding

http://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/27787-guide-to-forum-ing-v2/

PM the moderators if you have personal gripes with them. I agree that there are too many pinned topics, leading to the appeals becoming unknown. The mods should discuss which ones to keep at the top and which to unpin.

Talk about rules, Why doesn't they make you sit through the rules RIGHT when you join? Heck, Why not have a link to the rules right on the front page of the forum? This would make a lot of people be able to find/navigate to them easier.

The rules are on the main page already. Unfortunately the forum software can't force new users to read them.

While this topic is locked, I do still feel like it is necessary I express my view on the points brought up.

"You can simply just misunderstand the rules 10 times and boom. You're banned."
Not true. The moderators are very lenient on 9-pointers, having awarded several last chances to many people who otherwise would be banned. Furthermore, appeals are always there to prevent this sort of thing from happening to users, and if their 9 points happen to be to severe to all be appealed, then maybe they did deserve to be banned. You've never been at the 9-point mark or been a moderator on these forums, so I don't understand why you think you can speak for this system. We do also make sure to tell people that are close to being banned that the appeal system is in place, I don't think there's many forumers that don't know of its existence. 

"Even the mods are neglecting it with Frossa saying they'll do it "some time" and even saying "too lazy""
Grossly misrepresented. If I ever deny a personal request from you (or anyone) to deal with a forum issue it's because I'm currently busy doing something else (often times when you've messaged me via Steam to do something, it's been clearly visibly indicated that I'm playing a game) and do not wish to have my attention redirected elsewhere. There are plenty of other moderators, and we've done our best to have the forums manned at all times. Make a report and be done with it, that is still the best way to alert us of anything going on.
Also, I have never stated "too lazy" as a reason for not doing my moderator duty, unless it might have been regarding an incredibly petty issue which barely required action at all. 

In short, don't feel like you are eligible to criticize the system the forum staff goes by with little to no insight in how said systems function and how us moderators conduct.

Edited by Frossa