Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Haunted HighSchool - Season 1 Episode 1

Summary:

Mark is the new kid in town and meets a couple of friends on his first day. He is welcomed to the town's school and joins in the next day. But what he sees is insane..

Author's Note: This is just a test. I have began production on episode 2 and I want to see what you guys think. Please, no hate. ^_^ I know this isn't the best animation so you don't have to rub it in my face. Thank you for your in viewing this. It means a lot to me!

https://twitter.com/GhostGameGuy

This is still the first episode. I have the story very well planned out but I am open to suggestions and thoughts! If you don't like mystery, then this isn't for you. And if you don't like it, don't hate on it. Because it doesn't help anyone, (unless it is constructive critism.)

Note: The video may not be done fully processing in HD, so you might need to give it a couple of minutes.

https://vimeo.com/138218930

I hope you enjoyed episode 1. I know it is very little for now but it will be much longer and bigger as the season progresses!

Thank you for your time to view this! -Ghostgameguy

Good rythm, use of sounds and music, but you need to work on the animation and the lightning, like when he's walking he only move his legs, his arms need to move too, when he fall or when he get bumped off, it's a bit choppy, you should try more transitions, but for things like the animation when he say "forgot what I said" it's pretty good. The only problem I see in the story, are the day time, a day only take something like 45 seconds, it's a bit too quick. And you should use a more blocky and a rigged car, not a schematic.

Anyways, it's a good plot, good job ! :D  

Hidden Content

Good rythm, use of sounds and music, but you need to work on the animation and the lightning, like when he's walking he only move his legs, his arms need to move too, when he fall or when he get bumped off, it's a bit choppy, you should try more transitions, but for things like the animation when he say "forgot what I said" it's pretty good. The only problem I see in the story, are the day time, a day only take something like 45 seconds, it's a bit too quick. And you should use a more blocky and a rigged car, not a schematic.

Thank you. I'll work on it. I'm a bit sad right now to do much and I'm working on a minecraft music video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQhGnNEFtPk

can you tell me where you found this sounds?

That's exactly what I said to him :sweat: 

Hidden Content

Could you point me to any tutorials? I want to get better. I know my animations suck, and I want to be better.. :S I want to be a directer or writer when I grow up. I guess it's good to start somewhere..

Could you point me to any tutorials? I want to get better. I know my animations suck, and I want to be better.. :S I want to be a directer or writer when I grow up. I guess it's good to start somewhere..

you could probably found tutorial for transitions, but I don't know where, there is also this tutorial for the lightning !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h97CSx8MDLs 

Some tutorials for you:  :thumbsup: 

Edited by King of skulls

Firstly, congratulations for getting an episode out there.  Many people, especially me, have lots of half started projects kicking around in their ideas pile.

Personally I found the villager sounds for voices to get very annoying, very quickly.  If you aren't going voice, then I would experiment with different sound combinations.  Maybe assign a different sound "voice" to each character, rather than having them all have the same sound.  Also maybe mix the sounds a bit, playing with pitch, speed, length, so that the voice has some range and variation.  Have a happy sound, a scared sound...  The rest of the audio was pretty good, however I personally feel that bad audio can be worse than no audio at all.

Put a camera on a tripod/desk/sofa and film yourself walking from different angles.  If you can do it somewhere that has horizontal stripes, even better.  Notice how different parts of your body move, the whole skeleton gets involved in walking, and the body moves in 3 dimensions, not just the direction of travel.  Also the walk changes depending on mood, so sad has a different walk from excited.  I also found it useful to pay attention to thinks like starting to walk, stopping, and opening doors etc.  See how your body does things.

Decide on an animation style, and work to that.  If you are going for a straight legged minecraft walk, do that all the time, and do it well.  If you want a more realistic knee bend, foot plant walk, then get good at that.  Consistency will be your friend.  I'm rather proud of my walk on the doors collab (https://youtu.be/Mtj7zUk3uBY), but that doesn't mean I won't keep trying to improve upon it.

Your falls/impacts are a bit flat, this comes down to style of animation, like walking.  Bodies and objects have physics when they hit things.  Body parts bounce and move around, at different rates depending on size, shape and weight.  Ignore it for a minecraft feel, or work on it for a more realistic approach.

If you are wanting to go down the director or writer type route, you should experiment with scenes that aren't directly related to the plot,  Character development stuff that gets in the way of telling the story in an A - B way, but does make the story and characters more rounded.  If your audience doesn't know who your character is, they wont care if they live or die.

There is probably loads more, but that should be enough for now.  Good job, keep it up, learn more, get better, work with others.