Dev update #7: Summer summary

THANK YOU! DABEN!CAN'T WAIT!
Gir-s-Head-explodes-invader-zim-17052186

Could we also adjust different things about the sound such as length, speed, volume etc?

Edited by Littleman9Mew2
Putting my question outside of the spoiler and deleting duplicate

Can you make the sound effects fade in/out?

Use transitions to control sound? That's a great idea.

If that is not possible, David. You could let us introduce the sound to the animation, but give us the option to render or not render sounds along with our animations.

I have and idea. Sound effects can either just play over the whole animation, or they can be an object, like a point light. The sound will louder when closer to the camera and quieter when far away. So, basically 3D sound.

now we won,t have to use"WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER" ....THE WMM SUCKED REALLY!!!! 

"IT SUCKED":thumbsdown:

It doesn't suck if you know how to use it properly. Back in the day when I animated, I used Windows Movie Maker and it worked out perfect.

It doesn't suck if you know how to use it properly. Back in the day when I animated, I used Windows Movie Maker and it worked out perfect.

Ditto same here. I know certain tricks with WMM, such as layering more than 2 layers of sound in a video.

now we won,t have to use"WINDOWS MOVIE MAKER" ....THE WMM SUCKED REALLY!!!! 

"IT SUCKED":thumbsdown:

Dude...

Edited by Mooshim

Lookin good. Any input on animation presets? You could add in-built animation presets that resemble the original minecraft for walking/running for example.

WMM was sure goofy as hell but really fun to use, and that's what's all about for me, fun a good story, thats why I want autowalk cycles or anything that can save me time even if the end result is goofy and not very flashy.

As far as the audio timeline goes, I suggest that you can crop sounds and delete parts/fade in/fade out etc, like basic control of the audio file like you can do in Camtasia. Ideally, the more you can do in the same program without having to go from one place to another the better, as your work flow doesnt get disturbed.

Edited by moniker

:I "Those are just some of the new things in 1.0.0. Sadly I can't reveal an estimated time of arrival, since getting all of this to work smoothly requires an extraordinary amount of work. Let's just say that it will definitely be worth the wait!"

Thanks man, I'll wait

Are you going to make temporary hierarchy?

David, do it!!!!!!! temporary parenting is what we need (or at least child constraints, but their pretty much the exact same thing). it will make scenes of characters throwing items/objects soooo much easier.