Render a selected part of the animation.

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Helpful  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think this will help for future animations?

• Yes!
    • Meh...
    • No.

Some people have probably added things to their animations that they don't want to be in the final outcome...

Some people have made HUGE animations and in the end, their computer can't render it.

A lot of people are saying to render it in little scenes.

But the only way to do that currently is to create a new project every time you want to create a a new scene. 

What I had in mind is to have something similar to Sony Vegas were you can select what parts you want to render from a project.

For those who use Sony Vegas might know what I'm talking about...

Edited by PikaMasterzMC

This would make my life soooo much easier!

I have to keep making new animation files because my laptop can't render past 2000 frames (and overheats like crazy [good for cooking bacon on]), and I'm clumsy so I accidentally replace the old .mprog file with the new animation scene I made and if I discover an issue in the last scene, I can't change it coz it's gone!

(And that, ladies and mentlegen, is where I've been all this time. Recreating whole scenes from scratch because of a small mistake o_o )

If this was implemented, we can make the whole animation in one .mprog file and export it in bits!

Brilliant! :D

Even better: another option to render in 'chunks', where it creates a new video file after a set amount of keyframes. And wipes the old one from its memory. You have a set of such and such a number of perfectly lined-up videos you could easily put together in Movie Maker if you needed to. Fast, easy, and solves the problem that much better. So long ss it saves them in order like:

Randomtest_1.avi

Randomtest_2.avi

Etc...

With numbers to show the number of the video and keep it in order. Simple.

Edited by KicksBrickster