Dev update #6: Summer plans, 1.0.0 and beyond

So not C++? Interesting.

Nice to see that alpha glitch rigs wont be destroyed, and some of the other features sound cool as well. I'm really looking forward to some of the new things the full version of 1.0.0 has to offer.

But the big question I have: are you planning on working on a sound timeline any time soon?

Does that mean the glitch is not going away? 

I hate the alpha glitch! It prevents me from making extra epic lensflares, etc. in MI. Can't there be a way around keeping the evil glitch?

Edited by LuigiDerp5

Does that mean the glitch is not going away? 

I hate the alpha glitch! It prevents me from making extra epic lensflares, etc. in MI. Can't there be a way around keeping the evil glitch?

No.....David said that in MI 1.0.0 you will control the alpha glitch

You can control the rendering order of objects, meaning you can still use alpha 1% objects to create holes, but also have semi-transparent objects appear correctly.

G'day/night/morning folks. This topic will explain some of the plans I have for Mine-imator this summer (and beyond). I thought I'd clear things up since a lot has happened since the last topic in late March, and I have been thinking about what I should be doing with this program and the community.

I am currently working the final features of 1.0.0 (the GM version), which will be published some time in the near future. You can expect exciting things such as:

• Fully working undo/redo
  • Improved interface (friendlier and more modern)
  • Alpha glitch fixed, kind of (you can control the rendering order of objects)
  • 1.8 mobs & blocks support
  • Some more neat stuff ;)... (see the dev blog)

I am also planning on completely redesigning my website (including the download page). I have learnt a lot of new tricks in web development during the 4 years since Stuff By David was founded and most of the content on there is pretty outdated and needs a cleanup.

To go along with the new design, I was thinking about somehow fetching the data from the forums and displaying it on the download page. This could be a list of active members or recent/hot content posted in the Narrative/Random/Music videos or Wallpapers subforums, to give you guys additional spotlight and a chance to demonstrate what Mine-imator is capable of when people are downloading it. What do ya think?

But... but... what happens to C++ Mine-imator?

Rewriting the entire program will require tremendous effort and time, so I have decided that if I will ever recreate this program, I will create a more generic environment to allow for any kind of animations, not just Minecraft. I have learnt a lot about computer graphics the last couple of months and I feel that I can apply my knowledge more diligently into a program that isn't limited by Minecraft's basic style. (Dav-imator confirmed)

A project like this will however require more knowledge about animation on my part (I'm still kind of a noob to this, I mean, have you seen 5ever?), which is why I'll probably be taking some animating courses and having a look at some of the "real" animation programs out there before making this, for inspiration and to see how the pros do things.

If I ever create such a program (it's hypothetical at this point), I will of course allow "plugins", such as support for Minecraft blocks, mobs and schematics. I will also stay true to my usual philosophies when creating software, to make content creating a fun process, almost like playing a game.

Well, that's all on my mind. Keep an eye out for 1.0.0!

PS. A few days ago I published my ray tracer, which some of you might have missed: 

is there going to be sound ? custom sound when triggered ? I would love sounds because I need to edit , and do a lot of things to make it sound right when the action is made

You can control the rendering order of objects, meaning you can still use alpha 1% objects to create holes, but also have semi-transparent objects appear correctly.

Lord daven. So whats the real goal for now finisg davimator or 1.0.0 :I

Working on some really exciting rendering features that will put the current 1.0.0 demos to shame :)

can't wait for the update for the 3D shapes. I don't want to have a lot of textured cylinders with this.

YR0nU3e.png

Edited by Notorious TheRageMC