Davve Remaking Mine-imator

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I was talking in message with David and he said he was switching over to C++ and remaking Mine-imator!  Seriously so don't expect a Mine-imator update for a while?

NJ22qS1.png?1

Also, he might of already announced this, IDK and if anybody could help out with this process of converting from GameMaker to C++.

Update:

"He is eager to dive right into graphic development in C++."   At least that's what he said meaning that Mine-imator isn't that far away.

Update2:

yd81GWL.png

This is more so directed towards you ÜberKiller.  So I don't think he'll be porting it over anytime soon.

Edited by x33perking

I never understood programming. How can you make something in C++? It's pure lines of code?

Exactly!  If you're wondering how they get like images and stuffs they set up stuff called paths which describes the location of the file.

I never understood programming. How can you make something in C++? It's pure lines of code?

C++ isn't 'pure' lines of code.

You should understand that when you code or program, the computer doesn't understand a thing.

It's a 'human' language. Every programming language is only understandable by a human.

That's why you have compilers, which 'translates' it into 'machine code', something the computer can understand and make tasks off.

Essentially, you can make anything a programming language, you'll just need something for it to be converted into machine code.

It's alot more complicated then that, but that's border of how it works.

Edited by Emunator

C++ isn't 'pure' lines of code.

You should understand that when you code or program, the computer doesn't understand a thing.

It's a 'human' language. Every programming language is only understandable by a human.

That's why you have compilers, which 'translates' it into 'machine code', something the computer can understand and make tasks off.

Essentially, you can make anything a programming language, you'll just need something for it to be converted into machine code.

It's alot more complicated then that, but that's border of how it works.

It's pretty much coding other than doing art work along with it.

Oh boy, C++. I'm getting excited.

Forgive me for asking, but how will this affect .MPROJ files? Will the C++ version be able to read those still?

Yeah it'll be awesome!

And yes, I'd imagine so :)

The .MPROJ files are encrypted/encoded/whatever I believe.

So davve will only have to decode/decrypt/omg them using the same seed and algorithm and he can easily pull the data and variables off it. :)

That's what I'd imagine atleast. :P

Completely remaking the whole thing, huh?

This will take a long time.

David did say the codes just need to be converted and that they are similar. It won't be an overhaul kind of time. If it did it would explain why the update is taking a while.

This is great news to everyone! The program is able to bypass some barriers that gamemaker just couldn't do! And be able to add MANY feature along with this, like Ambient Occlucion, Volumetric Lighting, and of course the 1.8 Mobs and Blocks!

Oh boy, C++. I'm getting excited.

Forgive me for asking, but how will this affect .MPROJ files? Will the C++ version be able to read those still?

I'm not quiet sure what he is planning he never really specified weather or not he was re-making all the concepts or doing a completely different system.

I'm not quiet sure what he is planning he never really specified weather or not he was re-making all the concepts or doing a completely different system.

I assume it will just be a C++ port of the current code + more features as planned. I remember David telling me in the past that this version would be bigger than anyone had anticipated, so this says quite a lot.