Camera Shake

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I think camera shaking should be a feature of Mine-Imator.  Well, it's a pretty simple idea.  Here are the two things you might wanna add.

Shake Amount

Shake Speed

Shake amount is how much movement the camera shake makes.

Shake speed is how fast or slow the shake is.  

So that is basically it.  It's simple.  Well, for me it is.  David, please add this!

You can do this easily...

It's only "Robotic like" if you don't use the transitions properly..

Transitions are there for different purposes, use them.

Yes I know, but when I use ease in and out, it makes a full stop when it slows down.  Do you know what I mean?  I don't want it to do that.  It looks odd...

Yes, you CAN make it by yourself.

OR you can just have a slidey bar that saves all the trouble!

SFM has it, right? So why shouldn't Mine-Imator?

Off Topic: I actually found out that TF2 has it too.  When you save a replay and edit it, there is an option to have the shakey shakey.

On Topic:  I was actually thinking about the slide bar

On 7/11/2015 at 8:20 AM, LightStrikeBoom said:

You could just animate the camera shaking.

so how would you do that??? like mine??? like the one in the beginning that i am gonna show you

and no im not advertising  just stop in were its shaking alot :P

Edited by iRockstar12230

You can easily do this. Create 4 folders, and parent each to each other, and then parent the camera to the last one. Name the first 'Camera Position', the second 'X axis', the third 'Y axis', and the fourth 'Z axis'. All positions have to be posed in camera position (otherwise it looks crap) and put the 3 axis's transitions to ease in and out quadratic. Create the keyframes far from the last, though DO NOT MAKE THEM ON THE SAME FRAME. Rotate the 3 axis folders from (and this is my personal opinion) 1->-1 for the best look, and use things like .5, -.75, etc. The camera itself can have an individual rotation, but the position should always be at 0, 0, 0. You can edit the rotation amount and space of keyframes to your personal opinion, or is there's an explosion and the camera shakes fast for realism. Hope this helps!

Edited by Iron431