How can I make my character mine an ore? Please Help!

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hey guys, AbhiKap55 (aka ComputerStar2255) here 

So I am working on my first animation using Mine-Imator so I am fairly new to this stuff 

I have a character holding a diamond pickaxe who walks in a cave and finds iron ore, next, I need to make him mine the ore , which I do not know how to do. Can someone help me pls? I try simply moving his hand, and it appears to be mining but it is way above the ore and is in the air, which looks really fake. How can I change this and also how can I make the iron ore block be mined after he mines it? 

Thanks, Help is appreciated 

11 answers to this question

What do you mean? What is the alpha and how can I change it? Sorry I'm such a noob I just started :)

Alpha is the transparency and you can just press the visible button which makes it invisible (duh) but any ways on a certain key frame you press the visible button and it looks mined i guess

IF you are loading in a schematic to do this, its impossible. better to add the block and then when hes hit it a few times, add a key frame and click visable to make it invisable. then add the item he is mining and make him pick it up.

Edited by Storm997