Muzzleflash Particle

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

To commemorate the update of the Mine-imator armory, I release this!

Test by Rummy

Making muzzleflashes isn't possible yet without some lucky manuvering, since we can't trigger particles on command. (yet)

To make them work like muzzleflashes, just uncheck "spawn constantly" in the particle editor.

Download

Making muzzleflashes isn't possible yet without some lucky manuvering, since we can't trigger particles on command (yet)

Um... hate to break it to you, but... actually you can, uncheck 'spawn constantly' and only add a keyframe where you want the particles to spawn. That way, the particles won't exist until that moment, and will all spawn at once if you uncheck the right box. :D  

Edited by Ocelot

Making muzzleflashes isn't possible yet without some lucky manuvering, since we can't trigger particles on command (yet)

Um... hate to break it to you, but... actually you can, uncheck 'spawn constantly' and only add a keyframe where you want the particles to spawn. That way, the particles won't exist until that moment, and will all spawn at once if you uncheck the right box. :D  

However, you cannot trigger this to have a set speed/rate. If I want one particle to spawn every once second, that can't work. It's always random.

I can't go on my laptop to see if this works right now, but try changing all the info underneath the texture selector, if you know what I mean. (If it's still there after you check the box)

You could also try changing the animating speed of the pixels underneath the texture sheet.

I can't go on my laptop to see if this works right now, but try changing all the info underneath the texture selector, if you know what I mean. (If it's still there after you check the box)

You could also try changing the animating speed of the pixels underneath the texture sheet.

Actually disregard that. You were correct.