Would it be possible to add plugin loading to Mine-imator?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I do know how limiting Game-maker is, but is it possible to have Mine-imator load plugins like Bukkit?

It would be interesting to see what features users would add to the program, like a block from a Minecraft mod, or a plugin that adds audio.
People could write model converters to convert different .object files from different places to support Mine-imator, and then import them on demand.

Of course, this would require an API to be written, and that's what I'm worried Game-maker might limit.
it would be a cool feature that I'd want to get creative with. =P

Minecraft is bottom line Java right? So is Bukkit? Surely you'd need Jave to GML conversion then. You can easily adapt blocks or items and sound's not possible yet. not sure what to think of it in general.

Minecraft is bottom line Java right? So is Bukkit? Surely you'd need Jave to GML conversion then. You can easily adapt blocks or items and sound's not possible yet. not sure what to think of it in general.

I didn't say anywhere it had to be written in Java, I was just saying if you could have plugin loading.

When I said "like Bukkit", I meant the action of dropping a jar file into a plugins folder. You can possibly do the same,

except replace .jar with .dll and write pligins in GNU.

I do like this idea. But what kind of plugins? will it be plugins that the community can make and also can be added in a folder. Seems like a kool idea. But i doubt GM can handle this. Just have to see what david makes of this.

I do like this idea. But what kind of plugins? will it be plugins that the community can make and also can be added in a folder. Seems like a kool idea. But i doubt GM can handle this. Just have to see what The Glorious David makes of this.

Yeah, that's what I was saying.