Better bending?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

9 answers to this question

Here's an idea form someone who hasn't even been using mine-imator for that long and has no knowledge of programming at all:

What if, as you increase the percent of the bend, maybe a new surface could be created that stretches between the edges of the two parts of the bending limb. Also, you could  make the surface itself bend, and simply re-use this technique until it seems smooth.

The bending like that goes the same with all animation and 3d modeling softwares like 3ds Max.

That steve rig bends because it was made from scratch in the software itself, where all joints always stay connected to the model. Otherwise the arms would be able to disconnect leaving a strange void inside the arm, so it will do that to avoid the arm-void being shown.

Mine-imator works directly like the minecraft engine, where bending- anything is just a dream. Perhaps soon we will have a day where Mine-Imator can have bendy legs and arms. I hope this clears anything up.

I thought I already posted on this one?  Oh well, I'll post again.  *ahem*

I disagree for two reasons.

Biggest reason being that Game Maker, which is what Mine-imator is coded in, does not allow for the actual bending of vectors, and therefore cannot bend smoothly.  The current bending is not actually bending the shape, but rather the arm is made of two separate blocks.  I'm sure using a ton of little blocks, it could work, but it would likely be MASSIVELY CPU intensive, or at least too much for Game Maker to handle.

My second reason being that Minecraft is naturally blocky.  Sharp bending allows for better quality animations without disrupting the natural blockiness of Minecraft.

Be happy you have bending at all.

Edited by Noah T