how to install other resource packs

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

in the new 1.0 version of mineimator there is a section in the options for the different things you can import which allows you to choose different textures.. i tried adding a resource pack in the .minecraft folder thinking that's where mineimator linked the texture drop down menu but it didn't work. i went to where i installed mineimator to see if there was some kind of special folder for resource packs. to my disappointment there was none. does any one here know how to add textures? to better explain what i mean with the options i uploaded a picture of the mineimator UI to imgur. click here to see it

20 answers to this question

I have the same query.

Just selecting the .zip file hasn't worked for me. Mineimator just stops responding and then crashes every time I do it. Plus packs stopped having terrain.png a long time ago, so, I'm at a loss of how to import new terrain textures.

Then select the texture to your downloaded Resource Pack.

there is no way of selecting said textures the only thing i can select is the drop down menu. there is no import button or specified folder to put the textures i want. when i open the drop down menu the only option i get is default. and yes i have messed with resource packs my two favorites are ozocraft and faithful 

I have the same query.

Just selecting the .zip file hasn't worked for me. Mineimator just stops responding and then crashes every time I do it. Plus packs stopped having terrain.png a long time ago, so, I'm at a loss of how to import new terrain textures.

Same thing here !

Click Browse then select the texture pack .zip.

Thank you for the help but that's causing a crash.

Below's the details.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Mine-imator.exe
  Application Version: 1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 5394682c
  Fault Module Name: Mine-imator.exe
  Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 5394682c
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00f57e8a
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Thank you for the help but that's causing a crash.

Below's the details.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
  Application Name: Mine-imator.exe
  Application Version: 1.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp: 5394682c
  Fault Module Name: Mine-imator.exe
  Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 5394682c
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Offset: 00f57e8a
  OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

How big is the resource pack .zip? It might take a while to load it.

It's a 128 x 128 texture pack. ~46 MB.

Edit:

The terrain.png files from older packs load up a little screwed too, but I'm guessing that's mainly because of them being outdated.

Edited by diain

Click Browse then select the texture pack .zip.

where is the browse button! all i see is the drop down menu to select a texture. when i select the drop down menu i see nothing but the option to select the already selected default texture. what browse button!?

where is the browse button! all i see is the drop down menu to select a texture. when i select the drop down menu i see nothing but the option to select the already selected default texture. what browse button!?

oh wait i was looking in the wrong settings window... now i feel slightly stupid xD

Edited by jasonwr

Search Resource Pack on Google and select your favorite Resource Pack.

Once you download it.Open Mine-Imator.Then select the texture to your downloaded Resource Pack.

DONE!

Have you even try to use a Texture/Resource Pack in Minecraft?

This ^

OK, I tried loading the smallest 32x32 pack I could find and that loads up just fine. So like David said the large size of the packs might be causing the crash.

Is there any workaround for this? 32x32 packs are fine but it would be great if we could load up some 256x256 packs or even just 128x128 packs.

I know.

1. Go to the folder: C:\Users\Your Username\Mine-imator\Other\textures
  2. Copy 'items.png' to a desired location on your PC
  3. Get paint.net (skip if you already have it).
  4. Open 'items.png' with paint.net.
  5. Resize the image to your desire (say you have a 32x texture pack, resize the items.png to 2x its size)
  6. In paint.net, select the eraser tool and carefully erase the item(s) in items.png that you want to change the texture of.
  7. Dig into the resource pack and extract all the images you need to a folder.
  8. Drag one desired texture into paint.net, and in the pop-up click 'Add Layer'.
  9. Drag the layer onto a blank area you created with the eraser tool in step 6.
  10. Flatten the image by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + F.
  11. Repeat steps 8-10 for the image(s) required.
  12. In Mine-imator, click 'browse' and select your new items.png. It may take time to load depending on the resolution of your resource pack.
  13. Select your desired textures like normal.

Beware, this has caused fatal Mine-imator errors on my PC before and couldn't access my project anymore.