Characters With Transparent Backgrounds

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

As I've been looking at Mineimator, I can't help but notice all of the characters with transparent backgrounds pasted all over the sites (Like in this site's header).  I want to do something similar with my website, taking my skin and using it in the headers, etc. but I have absolutely no clue how to get rid of the white/black/colored backgrounds behind the characters. (I also need to be able to export full animations with transparent backgrounds).

Thanks for any help!

3 answers to this question

This can easily be achieved in most image editors. One of the best ways is to model whatever your scene is to be, characters etc. Then choose a colour that contrast the majority of the character etc. colours =. I use paint.net and a select by colour or similar tool. then remove the coloured background.

Another way is to make the background first and then take a screenshot of it (if using Mine-imator for the background modelling) and then set it as the background image and place and position your character.