How to make your Mine-Imator animation the best it can be.

Did I waste your time?  

298 members have voted

1. 1. Did I waste your time?

• Yes.
    • No.

I'm making my first animation now and this guide really helped me! Thanks so much for your knowledge

Woe, this is guide to using MI

You're welcome. I should probably get to updating this more for 1.0.0

Ok I need To Talk To ALL! Smooth Animations Area On This Post Is Not Complete. First, Smooth Animations Take Time. You Need To Make Small Movements Of The item you are animating to get a pretty sweet looking animation when you want 60 FPS and/or a 30 to 50 tempo.  That is all.

Another tip you could add is

"Sometimes more is better."

I've seen some animations/ gameing maps/ and designs that some people went over the top and overkilled the the thing.

Sometimes putting less in the animation could also help on how it feels or looks.

It's not like some one breaks there neck you see the blood go everywhere with nasty bones flying out. Right? (I'm looking at you Final Destination 5)

It's a bit hard to explain

David should add this to the Stuff By David Mineimator page

Oh, no, he should't.. because he wouldn't want to! And I don't think it's good enough for his tastes :)

thanks for the tips! :mobpig:

You're welcome!

Same here!

On-Topic: Nice guide, principally the inspiration section. I have some problems with mah creativity. Thanks!

Woah, really? xD

And you're welcome as well :)

:3 The person who quoted "more is better" I would like to say in opinion that this phrase is false, because looking towards Final Fantasy's newest game, "Lightning Returns"  I saw someone fighting a creature who could cast a heck load of spells that covered the screen with HD effects and awesome blurs that blocked even the shadow of the two that were dueling, and it looked like an annoying con of the game to not be able to see where you were going. So to get back to Mineimator, too much effects is a such thing, and so is too little, but they both have a common similarity, it gets the viewer to lose interest, so you should try a little more, but  try to limit how much effort you put into it as well because it could just be all for nothing. (hey and popboy, great tips m8, Chuck Norris approves  :I_approve: )

This is amazing ! thank you so much :D you tought me how to not be lazy and that is something that I am and not only that but you actually motivated me to keep animation and rigging because I used to just animate really bad then I tried rigging and peopple liked it so im going to make animations for all of my rigs :D ! I love that post and again thank you ! stay awesome ! ;)