"Cinema 4D" render

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I used every trick in the book (removing hidden blocks, combining blocks, nodraw everywhere the player can't see...), I actually ended up using the "fast" version of my map because I didn't feel like waiting 20 hours every time I wanted to update the map. "Fast" takes about 11 minutes and without any obvious difference in quality.

Try toning down the Lightmap scale on some objects that are out of view or in the open, such as a large field. (Not including nodraw textures. It does this for you) Since lighting takes up 90% of a map's size, you can reduce the lighting's size substantially by toning down the lightmap scale. And if you are tricky enough with it, you get the same quality of lighting in less time.

Also, the "Hint" and "Area Portal" textures help out a ton when making a space in the map that is closed off by a door or something. (Though the Area portal should only be used for the experienced, as too many or incorrect placement can break maps)

My gosh......IT IS MINEIMATOR! YOUR AWESOME!

-snip-

The Glorious David!, I love how the tree reflects the water!

wait so it this for reals?

-snap-

This is not Mine-imator, The Interface is, (Which spoils some things) but not the rest.

T'was a joke for people who thought it was. Not to crush your spirits.

Mainly because the timeline has nothing in it and could not be hidden since hiding it removes the whole timeline itself.

Edited by ÜberKiller

I'm gonna anylise it:

NEW FEATURES:

sky, cloud, ambient, night, and sun color.

Better item selector/ import texture packs directly from folder

New timeline..

And I think that's all I can see in there.

Mainly because the timeline has nothing in it and could not be hidden since hiding it removes the whole timeline itself.

What about the human, the sword, and the terrain, those are in the terrain, unless im looking at the wrong thing

oh and also cinema 48 minecraft renders seem to be much more brighter (or thats just an option so and so picks)

minecraft-enderman-iconminecraft-wallpap

chicken.pnga74421dc-7ff0-414d-8cd0-8526c

if im wrong, im sorry, i dont really know much about c4d

It's advised to turn on "fast" for vis when rendering. (BUT NOT NONE, THIS JUST COMPILES AN OLD VERSION OF YOUR MAP) 'Fast' shadows and 'Normal' shadows have almost no difference other than quality. Which wouldn't matter until the final render.

In the case it was the final render, then the map needs some optimizing. (i.e. nodraw textures where no textures should be rendering and some tricks from a fellow I know. [Here's another one that has helped me.)

You did a quick render right? It would be expected from a quick render to take .5 seconds. I remember trying to render something from 3DS Max and it took 45 seconds for a preview image. The quality was grainy, as if it was being used in the program itself. (I hate that grain effect so much, it just makes images look horrible. I know it's for optimization, but I mean c'mon 3d softwares.)

6gRYL.png

Very fishy.

what im looking at is the interface! changeable cliud and sun color :o

What about the human, the sword, and the terrain, those are in the terrain, unless im looking at the wrong thing

oh and also cinema 48 minecraft renders seem to be much more brighter (or thats just an option so and so picks)

-snip-

-snap-

if im wrong, im sorry, i dont really know much about c4d

Remember the original image of this thread and the thread title. He just used the image over the new UI.

I'm sure this is Mine-imator 1.0.0, correct me if I'm wrong but here is some evidence (I am a Cinema 4D noob)

6b4Rgxu.jpg

1. This looks like it has been imported from Mine-imator's 'world importer' 

2. Usually every C4D render I have seen has grass and planted rendered as 3D not 2D

3. Why would The Glorious David all of a sudden start using C4D, unless he has used it before(I don't know)

4. David's "No idea what you guys are talking about." led to the picture with the interface

6gRYL.png

Anyway those are my reasons, but only The Glorious David knows

Edited by ZZZZane

I'm sure this is Mine-imator 1.0.0, correct me if I'm wrong but here is some evidence (I am a Cinema 4D noob)

-snip-

1. This looks like it has been imported from Mine-imator's 'world importer' 

2. Usually every C4D render I have seen has grass and planted rendered as 3D not 2D

3. Why would The Glorious David all of a sudden start using C4D, unless he has used it before(I don't know)

4. The Glorious David's "No idea what you guys are talking about." led to the picture with the interface

-snap-

Anyway those are my reasons, but only The Glorious David knowsn 

1. There are outside sources to porting minecraft schematics to 3d modeling programs. Such as this. (I know what you are thinking, and I have a response to that too.)

2. Just because it's common does not mean it's always done that way. Remember above, that the program is just porting the entire schematic to Cinema 4D. It will look like that when exported. Also david said that he's still getting used to the program so it might be something overlooked.

3. This is up to him. It can be either used as a guideline for creating Mine-imator to this kind of quality in gamemaker. Or used for making logos, render, and things like that. Perhaps a way to load .mani files in Cinema 4D?

4. This was most likely a joke by The Glorious David, and leaking the new interface in this manner at the same time. It's already been proven that a new interface would be added, and he just added that in to poke fun at the idea. I don't know how many more times I can explain this until I burn out. I assume by then that 1.0.0 will be out.

In order to prove these claims, there are a few things you need to explain.

- You would need to prove exactly what would even cause the lighting to be even matched, or replicated with Game maker. Until I have seen any Game maker game produce quality to this level, I really cannot believe that this is 1.0.0.

- You need to show us what the purpose of the time line is. And how he is able to maneuver a character without any key-frames even built. I know even the most seasoned Mine-imator can agree that you need at least ONE key-frame to pose for a wallpaper.

- How the skybox isn't glitched like in 0.7 beta. I know this is a small one, but the skybox looks nothing like it does in mine-imator. And not to talk down anyone, but I believe that very few people understand how the skybox works. And even with the best looking skyboxes, there are still some flaws that are clearly visible.

If you can prove me that, with a applicable counter-argument, then I will concede in agreement. Else, there is no thought of me believing this is 1.0.0.

Edited by ÜberKiller