"Cinema 4D" render

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

(At least not as bad as trying to render a 4k map in Hammer Editor. I've seen a friend render an map in that for 2 weeks!)

Tell me about it, when I made my first TF2 map (9K blocks) it took over 20 hours to render the entire thing with some simple shadows. Valve sure knows how to optimize their algorithms. ._.

And this image took about 0.5 seconds to render. I have a *cough* buffed version of Cinema 4D.

That really C4D? I thought the render would look more smooth and in a higher resolution... is this the capabilities of the new Mine Imator? If it actually is, then it looks neat. If it was actually C4D, I thought their products were actually good.

That really C4D? I thought the render would look more smooth and in a higher resolution... is this the capabilities of the new Mine Imator? If it actually is, then it looks neat. If it was actually C4D, I thought their products were actually good.

Forgot to tick some anti-aliasing checkbox somewhere, the interface is a pain to work with. :/ Oh well, I'm learning.

Tell me about it, when I made my first TF2 map (9K blocks) it took over 20 hours to render the entire thing with some simple shadows. Valve sure knows how to optimize their algorithms. ._.

It's advised to turn on "fast" for vis when rendering. (BUT NOT NONE, THIS JUST COMPILES AN OLD VERSION OF YOUR MAP) 'Fast' shadows and 'Normal' shadows have almost no difference other than quality. Which wouldn't matter until the final render.

In the case it was the final render, then the map needs some optimizing. (i.e. nodraw textures where no textures should be rendering and some tricks from a fellow I know. [Here's another one that has helped me.)

And this image took about 0.5 seconds to render. I have a *cough* buffed version of Cinema 4D.

You did a quick render right? It would be expected from a quick render to take .5 seconds. I remember trying to render something from 3DS Max and it took 45 seconds for a preview image. The quality was grainy, as if it was being used in the program itself. (I hate that grain effect so much, it just makes images look horrible. I know it's for optimization, but I mean c'mon 3d softwares.)

No idea what you guys are talking about-_-

6gRYL.png

Very fishy.

Edited by ÜberKiller

It's advised to turn on "fast" for vis when rendering. (BUT NOT NONE, THIS JUST COMPILES AN OLD VERSION OF YOUR MAP) 'Fast' shadows and 'Normal' shadows have almost no difference other than quality. Which wouldn't matter until the final render.

In the case it was the final render, then the map needs some optimizing. (i.e. nodraw textures where no textures should be rendering and some tricks from a fellow I know. [Here's another one that has helped me.)

I used every trick in the book (removing hidden blocks, combining blocks, nodraw everywhere the player can't see...), I actually ended up using the "fast" version of my map because I didn't feel like waiting 20 hours every time I wanted to update the map. "Fast" takes about 11 minutes and without any obvious difference in quality.

<4 Mineimator. You're given.

Mineimator or not, anyone loving those water shadows, I am :)

I hate using reaction pictures. but hey. here's one.

evilest.gif

Might not be appropriate for the current topic at hand...