Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

17 members have voted

1. 1. Did this help?

• Heck yeah!
    • Eh...
    • Nah.

Hi, everyone :D
So, I bet most of you are wondering how in the heck I already have 300+ rep yet I've only been on for a bit more than a month. Well... this guide'll tell you, and help you to achieve crazy amounts of rep every day :P (Okay, maybe not that much, just more than you normally get.)
This guide includes a few good ways to get more rep, and why it helps.

(Sorry if this is confusing and/or vague. I'm new to creating tutorials/guides.)

The Guide To Earning Respect:

1. Always have a good attitude! (No one likes a moper. Spread good cheer!)
2. Try to include at least one funny thing in your posts. (Hey, making people laugh is a good thing. Also, you may get more people to like you that way. You don't have to be serious all the time to earn respect.)
3. Limit your swearing. (If you swear a lot, it limits the age group that can view your posts, and less viewers equals less rep. Like say you say those major swears a lot. Only people that are like 13 or 14+ can view them. But if you just say 'crap' or those tiny swears, almost any age can view your posts.)
4. Post creative things! (People like creativity and originality; no one likes copycats.)
5. Participate actively in the community! (Hey, the more you post, the more rep you get.)

6. Be helpful. (If something helps someone out, they'll rep it most of the time.)

7. Be kind to everyone. (Then everyone will be kind to you. Like one of the most beneficial rules of life says: Treat others how you want to be treated. Gossiping also falls under this. Don't talk bad about people behind their backs or whatever.)

8. Don't get a big head. (I made this mistake once; I'll never make it again. No one likes a gloater. It just makes them feel bad about themselves.)

9. Give credit if you use someone's rig/schematic/idea/whatever, unless they specify you don't have to. (It may sound like you're giving yourself LESS rep for this, but that's not true. It's a good thing to give credit... no one likes an attention hog, if you get what I mean.

10. Make your presence known... in a good way. (Only works for newbies; if you do, then everyone will know who you are, and you don't want to stay in the shadows. They'll know you, like people know different famous people, and flock to your posts/topics more often than not.)

11. Be yourself! (No one likes a phony.)

12. Post really cool stuff! (The cooler it is, the more people see it, the more word spreads, the more rep you get!

13. Follow the rules. (No one wants to be associated with a rule-breaker. You follow the rules, people think of you as a good person.)

Hope this helped!

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

Edited by Epic.Endergirl19

Ah, I see. Should I rename it or just keep the same name so as to not confuse everyone?

Rep farming has been a previous issue and we don't want to give the wrong impression :P I'd change it :)

Good guide overall. Good job as always :)

Rep farming has been a previous issue and we don't want to give the wrong impression :P I'd change it :)

Good guide overall. Good job as always :)

1. Okay... I'd change the name but I always have an issue with renaming stuff -_-

2. Thanks! :D

Eh, while most of these things factor in when receiving reputation, I just think you're earned a lot because you post a lot. Most people on the forums have a post count near-equal to their reputation, but you have 600 posts and 300 rep. Quantity over quality, so to say (not saying that your posts don't have "quality", just a figure of speech).

Eh, while most of these things factor in when receiving reputation, I just think you're earned a lot because you post a lot. Most people on the forums have a post count near-equal to their reputation, but you have 600 posts and 300 rep. Quantity over quality, so to say (not saying that your posts don't have "quality", just a figure of speech).

I see... it is true, I post like a crazy madman... madwoman? :P And, yes, I understand, although some of my posts lack quality. I know some of them do.

Pretty good guide, however I typically earn more rep for each post I make for showing an example of what people should be posting like. The phrase for that is 'exemplary posting' where you show exactly how one should make a great post on the forums. If people are posting criticism and only post about one thing wrong when they've got more to say, then say it. Point out every problem (politely) and explain exactly how to fix it or to improve the submission overall.

About something you said

Like say you say those major swears a lot. Only people that are like 13 or 14+ can view them.

This isn't true. Unless you mean to say that people 13 and above will get what the swear word is, which in some cases also isn't true either.

Also another thing

10. Make your presence known... in a good way.

This needs some elaboration. There are many ways to tackle on how to make your presence known, but the one you are suggesting is absent. Another thing, this is basically the same as what Number 5 is saying.

One more thing, the format is clenched together. There isn't any spacing between statements and it all just jumbles together. Try working on some formating to make the guide easier to read for the readers.

I also have a statement to make. It may come off morally incorrect to some people, but it needs to be said. (Just so you know, I mean not to offend with this statement. In no way am I making fun of anybody here)

Part of the reason why you make a lot of reputation is because you are a female. I'm not saying this in a sexist tone because most people who are women get what they desire. The best example is hearing a reassuring female voice in Call of Duty where she asks people to protect her and give her care packages. 9/10 times it works. Decent strategy too. 

Now please don't flame the hell out of me.

In closing, this guide is very good. It isn't information I didn't already know, but it's reassuring to see what to do every once in a while. This will definitely help those who aspire to become something greater. Have a +1 for dealing with my above statement creating a well worded guide.

Also, to add on to your topic Endergirl, ÜberKiller has 900 rep, and I'm pretty sure none of his posts are what you say, should be funny. I'm not always funny, and I have 502 rep. I don't always have a great attitude and I am well liked. I think. Maybe add, saying intelligent comments, making reasonable enough topics, and not trying to hard to be liked.

Good guide doe.