Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey guys. Only discovered Mine-imator a few weeks ago when someone mentioned it to me in-game. I downloaded it, had a little play and made this video in around 8 hours.

within 24 hours of posting it on youtube, some little sod had stolen it, and put it on PMC, claiming it as his own. a few clicks later and a report sent, it was taken down, but I thought I would still post it up here for you guys.

Its nothing amazing, but I made it as a test of the lighting, walking and scaling features I was using. Anyway thanks for looking here is the video:

I apologize for stealing your video. I removed it and I promise that I will never steal content again. It was the first time I've ever stolen content. I truly apologize and I feel bad because I can see that you worked really hard. You really did create a nice video and I enjoyed it. Yes I guess I'm some little sod. Once again I truly apologize.

ArkeeTheGamer, I would like to address your reply with a number of points.

Firstly, Theft of anyone's work angers me greatly. Taking credit for others work angers me even more. When I uploaded this video on 8th March, I posted it to two forums via YouTube. One was a Minecraft forum and the other was a general gaming forum, based on your passion for Minecraft I presume you were on the first forum. I suspect you saw my post on that forum and somehow managed to make the desicion to steal my video.

What suprised me even more than anything is the fact that I have located 3 places you shared this video, and in all 3 places you openly took credit for my work. YouTube, PlanetMinecraft, and these forums on Mineimator. Other forum users commented on various points in the video and you replied to nearly all of them posing as the creator. 'Thanks! I liked that idea too when I was coming up with the beginning.' - to quote one of your posts in this forum. I might also point out that you broke these forum's rules: 'You are allowed to post the work of other people, as long as you give credit and post the link where you found it.' - to quote from the video section.

Secondly, I highly doubt your apology is genuine. When you decided to steal my video, you also blocked my account on YouTube, meaning I could not comment on the stolen video on your account. I private messaged you via youtube asking you to delete my video, to which I had no reply but you set the video's setting to 'unlisted' - meaning that it would not show on your channel, yet would still show on various forums where it had been posted (like on here). It was only when I messaged you AGAIN, this time giving you notice that I would file a complaint via YouTube did you delete the video. Your post in this thread is the first communication I have had from you, although you have had numerous opportunities to contact me via YouTube and PlanetMinecraft. It is only now that I have openly posted my creation that you have replied to me, I didn't even know you had an account here until just now.

It is a shame that my first thread on these forums has revealed such a sad event, and my purpose for being here is to contribute to the community, to share my creations, help other users and maybe learn something while I am here too.

I guess on some level I should feel honoured that someone thought my video was so good they wanted credit for it.

ArkeeTheGamer, I would like to address your reply with a number of points.

Firstly, Theft of anyone's work angers me greatly. Taking credit for others work angers me even more. When I uploaded this video on 8th March, I posted it to two forums via YouTube. One was a Minecraft forum and the other was a general gaming forum, based on your passion for Minecraft I presume you were on the first forum. I suspect you saw my post on that forum and somehow managed to make the desicion to steal my video.

What suprised me even more than anything is the fact that I have located 3 places you shared this video, and in all 3 places you openly took credit for my work. YouTube, PlanetMinecraft, and these forums on Mineimator. Other forum users commented on various points in the video and you replied to nearly all of them posing as the creator. 'Thanks! I liked that idea too when I was coming up with the beginning.' - to quote one of your posts in this forum. I might also point out that you broke these forum's rules: 'You are allowed to post the work of other people, as long as you give credit and post the link where you found it.' - to quote from the video section.

Secondly, I highly doubt your apology is genuine. When you decided to steal my video, you also blocked my account on YouTube, meaning I could not comment on the stolen video on your account. I private messaged you via youtube asking you to delete my video, to which I had no reply but you set the video's setting to 'unlisted' - meaning that it would not show on your channel, yet would still show on various forums where it had been posted (like on here). It was only when I messaged you AGAIN, this time giving you notice that I would file a complaint via YouTube did you delete the video. Your post in this thread is the first communication I have had from you, although you have had numerous opportunities to contact me via YouTube and PlanetMinecraft. It is only now that I have openly posted my creation that you have replied to me, I didn't even know you had an account here until just now.

It is a shame that my first thread on these forums has revealed such a sad event, and my purpose for being here is to contribute to the community, to share my creations, help other users and maybe learn something while I am here too.

I guess on some level I should feel honoured that someone thought my video was so good they wanted credit for it.

Very well said, I would also be quite annoyed if someone were to steal my work. You did a great job on the lighting and each of the character movements are quite life-like. I have to say that for a first animation, this is the best I've seen so far since joining these forums and using the software. Heck, if this is what you can do in around 8 hours I'd like to see what a full on project would turn up like! Great stuff! You have earned a new subscriber :) I'm pretty sure this is the only Mine-imator video which has been stolen before so as you said, the video must have been good enough that they wanted credit for it them self. I guess that just goes to show how well made the video really is. Love to see what else you come up with using this software and nice post.

+1'd

-MrCivilianMan

For a first video I thought it was awesome. I can't wait to see what else you make. I thought the lighting was pretty good except the red light under the spiders threw me off for a bit but it added a cool effect. and if people are all ready taking credit for your creations then you must be a true boss at this stuff :D

Thanks civilianman, I really do appreciate the kind comments. I am looking at doing a large scale project with mine-imator, but the 10kb limit on schematic files is a little limiting at the moment so it may take a while to chop everything up and put it back together. Also thanks for the sub!

There isn't actually a limit, but schematics over 10KB will lag up the program and maybe even crash it.

I apologize for stealing your video. I removed it and I promise that I will never steal content again. It was the first time I've ever stolen content. I truly apologize and I feel bad because I can see that you worked really hard. You really did create a nice video and I enjoyed it. Yes I guess I'm some little sod. Once again I truly apologize.

I have lost a lot of respect for you arkee , and as for nick web you are an amazing animator and I hope to see more from you!!!