Does mimi-imator works with blocks made with the mod chisel and bits?

KvaGram
Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

Hi, I am completly green, with little knowledge of how mine-imator works. I am considering to use it, but I am not sure.

I have a minecraft world I wish to use in the animation, but it is running on a few mods, most importantly, are blocks made out of chisel and bits.

Is it possible for Mime-imator to import chisel and bits blocks, and render them as they are in-game?

if not,  can any tools be used to replicate the blocks for the animator?

2 answers to this question

Importing them from the world, No. The rest of the world will be fine, however generally non-vanilla blocks get removed when they are directly loaded into Mineimator.

18 minutes ago, KvaGram said:

if not,  can any tools be used to replicate the blocks for the animator?

In future Mineimator versions, there will be added support for this kinda thing, however as for now, you can create the blocks yourself via texture sheets and/or rigs.

Another method is to replace all those blocks with an unused block such as greenwool, import the world and set the schematic blocksheet to replace greenwool with the chisel block textures and then you have your blocks. However 3D modeled, indented blocks that aren't a flat cube will require in-program rigging at this current time.

I still need help with this.

When importing a schematic with chisel and bits blocks, they render in the animator as some random odd blocks.

The mod has an exporter that supposedly should allow me to generate the blocks though other means, but I have no idea what to do with the exported data.

The data is in a json format. Supposedly in a standard format for minecraft.

I asked for help with this on the chisel and bits support-thread in the minecraft forums, but so far I got no help there.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/mapping-and-modding-java-edition/minecraft-mods/2576750-chisels-bits-flat-colored-blocks?comment=758