Sword Swing (animation practicing)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

"I have Mine-imator about 1 year and I cannot animate almost anything, despite often practices".

This is the sentence that describes and shames me both. Because I haven't an account on the forums earlier, I couldn't share my attempts at animating. But I have an account now and I was practicing sword swing today, I share the animation. My target is to obtain some advices that help me animate.
Alert! Cringe, cringe, cringe... (gif)

Spoiler

G04S1.gif

Watched? Please tell me how to improve this and let the downvotes and minuses go around...

18 minutes ago, Creeperz Animations said:

HUGE IMPROVEMENT! Great job! (Almost better than mine, lol)

I now see the difference between animating being weak (after many hours of other work) and being rested (I now animated first time doing this just after turning on the computer (the gif was saying: "recreate my animation" :D)). I must follow this "rule", and finallly I see my future (also at rigging) :)

So, I basically put into the gif program your animation, and I analyzed it frame-by-frame. Then I recreated the first frame and... No more watching on the gif, I did the rest myself. The effect was in 1 hour, as the first, weird gif.

If you want, I can send you (or even share on these forums) the animation to open in the program.

Anyways, thank you! :D

On 9/24/2017 at 10:06 AM, jakubg1 said:

I now see the difference between animating being weak (after many hours of other work) and being rested (I now animated first time doing this just after turning on the computer (the gif was saying: "recreate my animation" :D)). I must follow this "rule", and finallly I see my future (also at rigging) :)

So, I basically put into the gif program your animation, and I analyzed it frame-by-frame. Then I recreated the first frame and... No more watching on the gif, I did the rest myself. The effect was in 1 hour, as the first, weird gif.

If you want, I can send you (or even share on these forums) the animation to open in the program.

Anyways, thank you! :D

It took you an hour? Oh well, who am I to talk, that was me when I first started, as you get better, it won't take you as long.