Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Heya, haven't been here in ages yet again. I'm trying to get into the habit of making good posters so i've decided to start up a little thing called "Judge Me #<number>" where I display a poster I consider "finished". The quotations cause I considered that finished as far as my ability can take me, and i'm hoping to get some constructive criticism through here that way I can improve :)

[9/3/17] Starting Image:

Spoiler

uTC64mq.png

[9/4/17] - Improvement Image 2:

Spoiler

Change Log:
- Made changes based upon the suggestions of @Dr. Cuto, @Pigeon_, and @Arczision™.mkyQgzA.png

[9/4/17] - Improvement Image 3:

Spoiler

Change Log:
- Switched around the lighting after finding a tutorial on spotlight/ambient lighting colors.SG1OKiZ.png

If you're able to, please rate and critique the most recent image by the following!

- Posing (1 to 10 rating)
- Expressions (1 to 10 rating)
- Lighting (1 to 10 rating)
- Scenery (1 to 10 rating)
- Overall feedback /w anything else you feel you should say (1 to 100 rating)

Thank you so kindly for all those who're willing to help me improve!

Edited by kingnicolas27

Posing: 8.5/10

Expression: 8/10

Lighting: 1/10

So basically, like Cuto said, it's too bright for night time. The camera angle is awful and the character is taking up too much space for the shot and judging the scenery is pretty impossible because of it. As far as the rest goes it's pretty good.

8 hours ago, Pigeon_ said:

So basically, like Cuto said, it's too bright for night time. The camera angle is awful and the character is taking up too much space for the shot and judging the scenery is pretty impossible because of it. As far as the rest goes it's pretty good.

Thanks for the feedback! Although I must kindly disagree with that last part as I intended it to be that way. Think about it as one of those scenes from a TellTale game such as TwD, or MC: Story Mode for example where you need to choose what to do as a crucial bending point in your story, in those scenes the character is most visible and to even see both of your choices you have to look left/right. Meaning that I want the characters conflict to be most present, and for the 2 mobs to be meaningful, but to not overpower the main dilemma (and since it's not an animation where I look around, I had to find a way to include them both in the scene and make their existence count, etc.)

@Dr. Cuto @Pigeon_ @Arczision™ I worked around with the lighting as you all mainly suggested, an update has been placed in the main post though for ease of effort i'll put it in this reply too :P

Spoiler

mkyQgzA.png

What are your new thoughts? :D

Edited by kingnicolas27