Dev update #10: Five year Mine-iversary, an overdue update and new developer

Message added by david

You can now download and use the new version!

https://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/topic/46014-mine-imator-112/

20 hours ago, Nimi said:

With the port to GMS2 and all of the drastic changes to the code david's making, the CE would've taken forever to update to this update, so I figured if I became an official developer, I wouldn't have to worry about re-coding david's work and more people would have access to features I code in. I(Now as a developer) no longer have any need to code a mod anymore when I can code stuff into the original program itself. And you know that I can add anything(That's reasonable in comparison to what I've implemented in the past.) in future updates that now that I'm a developer.. right?

yeah...anyone can ADD anything to it...but not everyone can release it as an update. so are you going to eventually make Vanilla MI be basically like CE would'v been? surly you'll add SOME of those features right?

Just now, Spontaneous Explosions said:

yeah...anyone can ADD anything to it...but not everyone can release it as an update. so are you going to eventually make Vanilla MI be basically like CE would'v been? surly you'll add SOME of those features right?

ReyqcTi.png

58 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

that says you weren't already thinking of doing it...i'm surprised....

btw, now that MI is in GM2, is it possible to add sideways bending?(you don't have to reply in one of those long speeches you've written to answer this, a simple yes or no will do XD)

You could do sideways bending in GM:S 1.4, it's just that with the method of bending MI uses, it would be horrendous.(It cuts the the bending model in half and rotates one of the halves and fills in the gap between the two.) GM:S 2 is just a newer and more updated IDE and doesn't affect any new additions of possibilities*-- anything is possible.(Difficulty varies though.)

*May allow certain shaders to work now that its GLSL version is updated