How do I make a character turn in a different direction smoothly while walking?

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I was messing around with a walk cycle for an animation, and it just so happens he needs to turn around to sit on the sofa. When I tried to do this it turned out very sloppy, so I wanted to see if anyone have a walk cycle when it turned around in a different direction, while still walking!

4 answers to this question

actually your in luck as I have an excact cycle for just turning because I myself had that problem so I created a cycle, no credit needed Just dont claim as your own.(make sure the character is at a complete stop before using) download:https://www.mediafire.com/file/d41244n4610gxd6/Turn Keyframes by ProudAnimatorZ.keyframes

Edited by Proud_AnimatorZ

Nevermind guys, I figured out a way around this...heh, there was really no need for this blog...

1 hour ago, Dannyboi said:

You should try and figure this out yourself. It really depends on animation style, really.

That's the advice I took since it looked so sloppy, I made a way around it. I like it now.

35 minutes ago, Proud_AnimatorZ said:

actually your in luck as I have an excact cycle for just turning because I myself had that problem so I created a cycle, no credit needed Just dont claim as your own.(make sure the character is at a complete stop before using) download:https://www.mediafire.com/file/d41244n4610gxd6/Turn Keyframes by ProudAnimatorZ.keyframes

Don't need it right now, but thanks! I may need it later on though :)