Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

I agree with Biggie Cheese, Mr Boombastic here. 

1 minute ago, TheFastFilms said:

Cmon guys, don't downvote it. It's actually pretty good

But he asked for likes and posted his channel. He shamelessly advertised a channel without content and asked for likes.

13 minutes ago, Dannyboi said:

I agree with Biggie Cheese, Mr Boombastic here. 

But he asked for likes and posted his channel. He shamelessly advertised a channel without content and asked for likes.

but you guys haven't taken into consideration for the fact that he's new and that does matter because most new people dont know. Also, he did post "Content" @Dannyboi he posted a wallpaper since you said " without content". this is ridiculous and immature 

Edited by Proud_AnimatorZ

6 minutes ago, Proud_AnimatorZ said:

Also, he did post "Content" @Dannyboi he posted a wallpaper since you said " without content". this is ridiculous and immature 

16 minutes ago, Dannyboi said:

He shamelessly advertised a channel without content

I'm pretty sure being new isn't a reason to ask for likes, I remember the rules saying something about it being forbidden (I could very well be wrong, though).

Just now, Proud_AnimatorZ said:

because he's new like I said he didn't know, and instead of wasting your time disciplining him maybe it would be a smart Idea to Inform him about that rule :/ even link him to the rules.

The rules are the first thing you're supposed to read. I think you're actually supposed to confirm you read them to sign up.

Let me settle this whole fight down:

Don't abuse the Reputation system
The Reputation system was made to highlight  and incentivize helpful and constructive posts. Do not give up- or down-reps to a member just for the sake of increasing or decreasing their rank, or create shops to harvest Reputation in exchange for services. Doing this will result with a warning and eventually your Reputation reset to 0.

You might be confused with this rule, as there is no other rule in the MI forums that states you can't advertise or beg for likes

• Advertising potentially malicious products or sites (if you are unsure, ask a moderator)

You might also be confused with this rule, but it only addresses links to potentailly malicious rules

And most of all:

• Use the report button, don't resort to mini-modding
    If someone is breaking any of the rules here, don't post anything. Rather, press the "Report" button in the top left of the offender's post. This will alert all moderators, leaving a message like "This is posted in the wrong forum!" will not. Taking matters into your own hands like this is called mini-modding, and posts like that take up space and do not add anything to the topic. Read more about mini-modding here.

Instead of creating a flame war based around the rules, just report the darn thing and let the mods take care of it.

TL;DR: OP did nothing wrong (At the very least begging for likes can be considered a breach of the "Don't abuse the Reputation system" rule), you guys are making a fuss about it, just use the darn report button.

Edited by Caeden117

4 minutes ago, Proud_AnimatorZ said:

Im done with this conversation it isnt hard to tell him to read this  http://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/announcement/3-read-mine-imator-forum-rules/

818709_rules.png

Also not hard to find it.

To be honest, the content itself is reasonably made, it could've worked better if the lightning was rigged to the DoF issues wouldn't occur but that would be rather time consuming. The hand also clips into the wood. The environment and lighting is mediocre, it's just a stone room and the lighting is dark.