[UPDATED v1.1] Steampunk Skeleton's Universal Facial Rig (Now with fingers!)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

0K78DOf.png

NOTE: Due to a bug in Mine-imator 1.1.0 Pre-Release, the program does not save the inherit bending option. If you use v1.1, you will have to go into the rig and re-check the inherent bend checkbox on everything that says (Check "Bend" after every reload!) This applies to the mouth, eyebrows, and fingers.

So I mainly created this rig so I wouldn't have to worry about redistributing facial rigs. I designed it to be simple to use like SKIBBZ' rig, but with a bit of my own improvements, such as edges to the mouth and eyes. Controls are basically the same as SKIBBZ' rig, but the teeth do not scale with the mouth, and the colors of the mouth and eye edges need to be manually changed.

More images:

uQuZ6qu.gif

OZYEgcA.pngPOuuSkb.png

I must really thank SKIBBZ; deconstructing his rig taught me a lot about how he made it, and he gave me the inspiration to create mine.

How to Use:

Face: Simply parent the face object to your character's head, and set it's alpha to 0.

Fingers: Either:

a. Make visible "Hand Alpha" in  the hand rig (It will not look as good as method b as it will make the arm disappear at certain angles)

b. Edit your skin, where you delete the bottom of the arm and 3 pixels off of each side of the arm (Will look better but requires more work, look at SSUFR_tex.png for an example)

Parent the hand to its respective arm.

Changelog:

v1.1 [Download]: Added fingers, updated rig to Mine-imator 1.1.0 Pre-Release (Read warning above!!!)

v1.0 [Download]: Release (Requires Mine-imator CB v1.0.3)

(Credit not required, but appreciated. If you would like to redistribute this rig in your own rigs, please PM me here or on the Mine-imator Discord.)

Edited by SteampunkSkeleton

2 minutes ago, ThePickaxeLawrence said:

there is no female facial rig, skibbz seems tp be the only one who can understand the girls like facial rigs to.

but it looks nice so kudos to you

You do know that female facial rigs take one small change to have, right? Just add a cube and put it at the lower corner of the eyebrow. (The corner that faces away from the eye)

3 minutes ago, Slime said:

You do know that female facial rigs take one small change to have, right? Just add a cube and put it at the lower corner of the eyebrow. (The corner that faces away from the eye)

but still... I just feel like making em do extra work when we don't is a little harsh. even if that's not the rig creators intent

Just now, ThePickaxeLawrence said:

but still... I just feel like making em do extra work when we don't is a little harsh. even if that's not the rig creators intent

I was telling YOU to do that if you want a female version so bad.

Just now, ThePickaxeLawrence said:

I use skibbz facial rig so I don't need to. I was just proving a point jeez. its still a nice facial rig

Then don't complain if its missing something. Sure you were proving a point, but it wasn't exactly the best way to put it.

1 minute ago, ThePickaxeLawrence said:

I use skibbz facial rig so I don't need to. I was just proving a point jeez. its still a nice facial rig

I'd imagine my rig is partly compatible with SKIBBZ'. With some tinkering, you could remove the lashes off of SKIBBZ' rig and throw it on mine :)

Just now, Slime said:

Then don't complain if its missing something. Sure you were proving a point, but it wasn't exactly the best way to put it.

okay.

1 minute ago, SteampunkSkeleton said:

I'd imagine my rig is partly compatible with SKIBBZ'. With some tinkering, you could remove the lashes off of SKIBBZ' rig and throw it on mine :)

Thank you!

3 minutes ago, Minealif said:

so if i make something with your facial rig and my skin i will need your permission right?

Are you asking if you'd like to use the rig in your animation, or you would like to redistribute my rig?

If the former, you do not need to credit but I would like it if you did.

If the latter, yes you must ask for my permission. Please show me the rig in a private DM on the forums/Discord.

19 hours ago, marci33 said:

when i put your creation, it tell me "is this a texture pack?" if i click yes it create a "texture pack" that is minecraft normal texture, if i click no it dont do anything please help me

You probably forgot to unzip the file.

3 hours ago, Minicoder1 said:

i dont understand how re colour

There should be 3 items you can recolor, the mouth and two eyes. The two eyes should be found under "Right Eye" and "Left Eye," and the mouth should be found under "Mouth Controls." You can change the color of anything marked [Color.] (And perhaps more; i think I forgot to label the pupils and eyebrows as recolorable)

On 7/23/2017 at 6:30 PM, SteampunkSkeleton said:

POuuSkb.png

So I mainly created this rig so I wouldn't have to worry about redistributing facial rigs. I designed it to be simple to use like SKIBBZ' rig, but with a bit of my own improvements, such as edges to the mouth and eyes. Controls are basically the same as SKIBBZ' rig, but the teeth do not scale with the mouth, and the colors of the mouth and eye edges need to be manually changed.

Reveal hidden contents

OZYEgcA.png

I must really thank SKIBBZ; deconstructing his rig taught me a lot about how he made it, and he gave me the inspiration to create mine.

Download (Credit not required, but appreciated. If you would like to redistribute this rig in your own rigs, please PM me here or on the Mine-imator Discord.)

Requires Mine-imator Community Build v. 3

I wish it was for Vanilla MI Not CB

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 5:56 PM, SteampunkSkeleton said:

There should be 3 items you can recolor, the mouth and two eyes. The two eyes should be found under "Right Eye" and "Left Eye," and the mouth should be found under "Mouth Controls." You can change the color of anything marked [Color.] (And perhaps more; i think I forgot to label the pupils and eyebrows as recolorable)

yeah thx this rlly helped :steve_wink: