-StickyMations-

Quitting animating, bye!

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi...

For quite some time, I've been considering quitting animation and today I've decided to show you guys my decision. Yes, I quit.

Why? Animating is not for me. I've recently found another hobby, game programming and development which seems to be less tedious, frustrating and has a better payoff as I see myself with little chances of a great future within the path of 3D animation specificly. And I mean specificly because game development also includes some it, so I cannot consider my time here learning the ins and outs of animating as a waste of time. 

So why is this topic in Narrative animations you may ask? Well, I've decided to show you guys how much progress I was in my current project. Technically, it's not fully finished but yet it still follows a script of events with characters in it. May it be small or not.

I don't know if I will ever get back, but for the time I'll be on the steep learning curve of developing games with Unity.

Plus, these forums have been feeling a little... dead? Maybe? So I don't know, I may stick around every now and then. Goodbye for now I guess, the path I'm taking will also get me out of the whole "Minecraft" thing which means I'm now able to make my own world, my own characters and my own story with no limits at the same time of doing something I like. I will always hate the disgusting and toxic side of this community, but I will also love the other side and appreciate it more overall.

I don't know what will happen to me in regards to being here, lol, but you might care about my content or you may not. You can find some of my coolest creations in the about me page in my profile. ...And speaking of content! Some of the rigs in the animation are made by @BloxTheRigger and @SharkleSparkle.

Spoiler

Goodbye? lol

Edited by -StickyMations-

You're my favorite animator, and it sucks to see you go. But then again, I just left a forum myself and understand exactly how you feel. We all make decisions, and we all accept other peoples decisions. Nobody can stay here forever. I even left this place for a long time too. It sucks that I probably won't see your content ever again, but I hope that we cross paths in the future. Farewell.

Another great forumer leaves... *sobs*

I wish you luck on your game development journey! Here are some good game development programs if you feel like learning more than one: Unreal Engine, Gamemaker (2d), Unity (which you have), and mayyyybe (not) RPG Maker

It was a pleasure to work with you in the small lifespan of Capinima. Good luck with your game programming dude!

2 hours ago, -StickyMations- said:

Animating is not for me. I've recently found another hobby, game programming

My life exactly. Though, will you still stick around the forums? ._.

I hope you do well, friend, I have always liked your animations and, I'm sorry to sound repetitive, I hope you do well with the programming of video games, I will miss you.

As soon as I got into your content, well, we can't stay here forever, unless somehow you get good enough that you can carry the forums on, but until then, I guess you made the desicion we all have to some day. I don't have to worry about that for a while though, I'm only 10

5 hours ago, DizzyProductions said:

Adios

5 hours ago, Chickenk122 said:

Cya later (maybe)

4 hours ago, ziyadkhalq said:

we enjoyed all your content, have a good life :D GoodBye

Goodbye pals! ;)

4 hours ago, BAC0NB0Y said:

You're my favorite animator, and it sucks to see you go. But then again, I just left a forum myself and understand exactly how you feel. We all make decisions, and we all accept other peoples decisions. Nobody can stay here forever. I even left this place for a long time too. It sucks that I probably won't see your content ever again, but I hope that we cross paths in the future. Farewell.

I hope we cross paths too, it's great to do so with someone who used to be in the same forums as you... and even greater with a big fan. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Sonicxryan said:

will you still stick around the forums? ._.

I don't really know for sure. Thing is, I'll probably be entering here quickly expecting to see some good content that catches my attention just to leave 2 secs later... This random checks might as well end up with me not visiting this place ever again. Ever.

3 hours ago, TecnoGamerJW said:

I hope you do well, friend, I have always liked your animations and, I'm sorry to sound repetitive, I hope you do well with the programming of video games, I will miss you.

Goodbye pal. I hope you do well on animation as well, I see you already have a somewhat big fanbase at YT so best of luck with that :yes:

3 hours ago, Pigeon_ said:

It was a pleasure to work with you in the small lifespan of Capinima. Good luck with your game programming dude!

I must say the same thing, Capinima was a great way of knowing you better. Thanks for everything pal.

3 hours ago, TheFastFilms said:

Another great forumer leaves... *sobs*

I wish you luck on your game development journey! Here are some good game development programs if you feel like learning more than one: Unreal Engine, Gamemaker (2d), Unity (which you have), and mayyyybe (not) RPG Maker

Yes, I've seen those and choosing an engine that suits the best for me was the hardest part. Luckily the diversity of games made in Unity is mostly what made me choose it overall.

20 minutes ago, Skjold said:

Welcome to the club!

Ahhh, yes... this damn Skjold being Skjold with his sarcastic and not-so sarcastic comments as always... You have never changed since I joined, I'll miss you too :steve_tearful:

8 hours ago, -StickyMations- said:

I've recently found another hobby, game programming and development

Aye. Same with me. There's a certain feeling about programming a game or something that making an animation could never achieve. I guess it's just the flow of life. Goodbye, good luck and godspeed. I hope everything goes okay. I also hope maybe we can collaborate or something at some point.

Hey I just started learning C++. Maybe in the future we'll cross paths as developers.

this is "How to leave the forums without causing drama 101"

See you later, man. I wish you good luck in game development, and that you do amazing! 

-Shadow

I can see where you're coming from. I've been taking game development classes for a few years now and it is far less tedious than animation but at the same time, there's a lot of work that goes into it. I've got an internship right now, and I'm finding it hard to do both without sacrificing the quality. Trust me, I completely understand. Best of luck!