How To Make A Simple and Smooth Walking Cycle

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

The walk cycle looks fine but you should add some bumping to it. Believe me, it will make it appear so much more realistic and is not hard to do. Just move your characters y axis up and down with the footsteps and use a folder to control your character's actual position.

Here, take a look at this project I just made showing the difference Click

5 hours ago, TheCryingSquid said:

The walk cycle looks fine but you should add some bumping to it. Believe me, it will make it appear so much more realistic and is not hard to do. Just move your characters y axis up and down with the footsteps and use a folder to control your character's actual position.

Here, take a look at this project I just made showing the difference Click

Advice noted, thanks, I was thinking of adding that, but since you suggested it, I'll add it.

On 7/6/2017 at 2:20 AM, CPS Animations said:

I tried to follow this and it turns out very satisfying

please  give feedback if it has something wrong.

Pretty nice! But, you raised the legs a little too high, and when spreading them, you bent them too much which gives Steve the appearance of tiptoeing. I recommend not bending the legs as much when spreading them apart, rewatch my tutorial and look closely at what I do.

1 hour ago, Creeperz Animations said:

Pretty nice! But, you raised the legs a little too high, and when spreading them, you bent them too much which gives Steve the appearance of tiptoeing. I recommend not bending the legs as much when spreading them apart, rewatch my tutorial and look closely at what I do.

oh ok thx.I am kinda new so yeah. Still understanding the basics.

14 hours ago, CPS Animations said:

lol yeah I am planning to make one on my own if I could. Btw I tried again. Anything still wrong? 

Way better! The walking looks wayyyy better now, but too much body tilt, and also, remember to use the ease in and ease out transition (quadratic) in the keyframes for the upper body moverment (arms, tilt, etc). As for the body tilt, just tilt it a little, and by a little, I mean a very tiny bit, not really noticeable but it's there.

Edited by Creeperz Animations

Just now, Creeperz Animations said:

Way better! The walking looks wayyyy better now, but too much body tilt, and also, remember to use the ease in and ease out transition (quadratic) in the keyframes. As for the body tilt, just tilt it a little, and by a little, I mean a very tiny bit, not really noticeable but it's there.

ok thx. The walk cycle might be basic but to make it smooth is a challenge for me. Thx for your tutorial that I could start to get a hang in doing these smooth animations.

Keep up the good work and one day you'll end up as a big animator. :)