Leaves displacement between schematics even if both are on the exact same position and angle

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

These 2 schematics are the same and sitting on the same coordinates and angle, yet when I switch between them, the leaves, flowers and grass aren't sitting on the same place... how do I fix this?

giphy.gif

As you can see, as I scroll between the 2 schematics, the grass moves in an awkward way.

Disabling wind is not option.

The only way I see would be to point the camera at the sky during the transition between schematics.

But I haven't used mineimator in a year so there's probably a different solution by now.

Edited by Caeden117

29 minutes ago, Iron431 said:

What are you doing at over 10000 frames?

the video is 15 minutes long

1 hour ago, Colonel Muffin said:

That's because grass is generated randomly.

Don't believe you can fix that, sorry.

But why did they move? if I just copied the same schematic with mcedit after modifying some blocks. I don't get it.

Mine-imator re-generates random grass offset positions when importing a new schematic. Here's a manual workaround:

Spoiler

Step 1.) Edit a block sheet(Which can be exported from the resources tab) so there's only plant foliage.

Step 2.) Copy the schematic you're switching from and apply the plant foliage-only block sheet to that.

Step 3.) Edit another separate block sheet, and get rid of the plant foliage.

Step 4.) Apply the block sheet that has no plant foliage to the schematic you're switching to.

Step 5.) Hide the only-plant foliage schematic till you make the switch.

If you aren't using any edited block sheets for your scenery already, then you can use these;

60206f202bc7b6a1f19d36b46b09e180.png

257907f6ecdbd6f4e26a723367cd13a8.png