Multi-user (Multiplayer)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

You should make it to were multiple users can work on one piece. Like if you were to add it it would act like say 2 people joined i add a character to the world then the other character would see it in real time! also if i were to move the arm then they would see the arm move.

This could be possible, but it'd probably not be real time, OR run 60, or maybe even 30 FPS, since it'd have to connect to a server, and technical stuff I'm not gonna get into.

Though, there would be another way to do this, it wouldn't really be what you're looking for. Multiple users. It'd start with a login screen, and you'd log in to your own account. Then if you place an object down, only that account can move it. Maybe you could add a 'private' list to it, so other selected users can use it? It could also have a 'owner', who can do anything they want? (move other users things, or delete their stuff if they're useless?) There could also be a thing where only selected people can actually open it?

2 hours ago, Dark Gaming said:

You should make it to were multiple users can work on one piece. Like if you were to add it it would act like say 2 people joined i add a character to the world then the other character would see it in real time! also if i were to move the arm then they would see the arm move.

If this was to happen The lag would be unforgiving Also how would servers work? would you send them some kind of passcode that you get?

Also I think its a cool idea But the effort required is far greater then most people are willing to give. Theres a reason (MOST) animation programs don't have multiplayer

If your saying to do It in real time That can cause many errors!