Issue Saving .Obj in Mine-Imator...

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey guys,

I've recently been working on a project, but every time I save my rig as a ".obj" and load it up again, it comes with parts missing. I don't know why it's been happening!?

Here's the error code (How do I fix?) :

of Draw Event
for object app:

trying to index a variable which is not an array
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Script_project_read_get_iids (line 90)
called from - gml_Script_asset_open (line 117)
called from - gml_Script_action_toolbar_import_asset (line 7)
called from - gml_Script_toolbar_draw_button (line 15)
called from - gml_Script_toolbar_draw (line 80)
called from - gml_Script_window_draw (line 9)
called from - gml_Script_app_event_draw (line 7)
called from - gml_Object_app_Draw_0 (line 2)

9 hours ago, spectral said:

have you renamed the textures or tampered with them if you've used textures in the obj?

Yes, I have. A couple times because I've been editing the skin. is that why? How do I delete the history of skins it's been changed to? or how do I fix it? Thanks

8 hours ago, Dannyboi said:

It's .object. Not .obj. That might be the problem. 2 different formats.

Oh. My bad, I just said the wrong thing. Yes .object. Whenever I try to load it up, it either comes up with parts missing or crashes! shoot

Edited by SightZero

Here's the other error I get (Illegal vertex buffer specified) :

of Draw Event
for object app:

vertex_submit: Illegal vertex buffer specified.
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
called from - gml_Script_model_draw (line 10)
called from - gml_Script_render_world_item (line 38)
called from - gml_Script_tl_draw (line 104)
called from - gml_Script_render_world (line 29)
called from - gml_Script_render_low (line 23)
called from - gml_Script_view_update_surface (line 21)
called from - gml_Script_view_update (line 7)
called from - gml_Script_view_draw (line 253)
called from - gml_Script_view_area_draw (line 9)
called from - gml_Script_panel_area_draw (line 49)
called from - gml_Script_window_draw (line 7)
called from - gml_Script_app_event_draw (line 7)
called from - gml_Object_app_Draw_0 (line 2)

11 hours ago, SightZero said:

Yes, I have. A couple times because I've been editing the skin. is that why? How do I delete the history of skins it's been changed to? or how do I fix it? Thanks

You have to rename the texture to what the original name was. When retextured, MI considers the texture as "missing" because it can't find the name of the texture.

Edited by spectral

10 hours ago, spectral said:

You have to rename the texture to what the original name was. When retextured, MI considers the texture as "missing" because it can't find the name of the texture.

I tried fixing it. I'm pretty sure I'm renaming the .png to the old name.

Also, I've noticed another thing, when the .object does work in being imported, it spawns in with some parts missing or parts out of place. Something is glitched or wrong here. Please help

Okay, I think I remember what happened before this glitching started happening. I remember when I finally got done editing my rig, I tried compressing all the parts I used on the chart next to the timeline. When everything was closed down to the basic rows on the chart, I then highlighted over the character then clicked the save icon on the bottom, saved it as a .object, and then when I opened up my new saved rig again, it came with only the parts that weren't being shown on the chart next to to the timeline. now it spawns in like that every time.

Edit: the "hat" is paired to the right leg...

Edited by SightZero