Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Whats the difference between the Mineimator community today and this snake's bite?

zeh5hmC.jpg

The snake isn't as toxic

Okay yes this might be a bit of an over exaggeration but there has to be some people that must agree that the mineimator forums has changed, and not for the best. This used to be a small and loving community that had loads of fun doing what they loved to do in the their spare time, but now if you as so much as get a pixel wrong on a wallpaper you get brought down upon harshly! I would like to also note - even though some may not agree - that some people who put little to no effort in there animations/art tend to get a higher praise than the ones who could create masterpieces and just get dirt. What I am trying to say is, I just wish for the best of this place. This was what actually got me into wanting to do 3d animations, the software given to us by David is what allowed me to create what I would always dream of, and the community back then pushed me even further to wanting to be the best animator I could be, and even though I may not be one of the best yet, I don't want to leave this place knowing the noobs these days didn't get the same or even better experience than what I had. So in conclusion my main points are give rep where rep is due, and keep pushing people to be better than what they are, but that doesn't mean to be all negative. In the end, I wish for the best! :D

P.S. This is just how I see it btw

If you do want to comment I would love to read your opinion! But please, this is only a discussion, not a debate. If you want to debate use pms, I really don't want this to get closed!

Edited by Cybernetic Cinema
Trying to avoid an internet war here

2 hours ago, lifecraft said:

wait, so does that mean your leaving the forums?

Well mate, to be truthful this is the only social website I truly know. Unless you count YouTube. Also even after all the changes that had happened here, I still feel drawn towards it, and this is the only place I feel a teensy bit comfortable sharing things I have done because even if I get just negative feedback for one mistake I know there are still a few out there that will help me get better. But someday...

Faulty analogy, snakes are venomous and forums aren't. 

On-topic: I never got any praise and that was what pushed me to do better. If anything the crave for praise helps push you further. I like to think that rep has been given where its due but stereotyping of fad and undertale sometimes get in the way. Other than that I think the forums are alright. And if that is how you really think, you can always try to make things better. 

Edited by CatOnCaffeine

3 hours ago, Sonicxryan said:

could have been a status update

I know, :/ But what I'm wondering is what really ruined it... Was it fad? Undertale?..

Hide contents

DANK MEMES?!

@willingsas

But yeah, this makes sense. This place was nice when it was a smaller and more friendly community, but we've gotten older since then, and things aren't quite the same.

Edited by Zeno

1 hour ago, CatOnCaffeine said:

Faulty analogy, snakes are venomous and forums aren't. 

On-topic: I never got any praise and that was what pushed me to do better. If anything the crave for praise helps push you further. I like to think that rep has been given where its due but stereotyping of fad and undertale sometimes get in the way. Other than that I think the forums are alright. And if that is how you really think, you can always try to make things better. 

Well I am glad you had an opinion on the matter mate! No criticism here.

@Cybernetic Cinema What are you talking about? The forums are nicer than ever, people keep posting shit like this, I keep telling them shit like.. this. All the good critics are now reformed or missing-in-action. Your extent of criticism today is when Ethan decides to do some minor criticism to keep up his "edge-ness" that amounts to nothing compared to the critics of forum past.

9 minutes ago, tditdatdwt said:

@Cybernetic Cinema What are you talking about? The forums are nicer than ever, people keep posting shit like this, I keep telling them shit like.. this. All the good critics are now reformed or missing-in-action. Your extent of criticism today is when Ethan decides to do some minor criticism to keep up his "edge-ness" that amounts to nothing compared to the critics of forum past.

I wasn't pointing to a single individual or a select group. I was just stating how I see things on a more general matter. But hey I appreciate the fact that you had your own opinion mate!

Just now, Cybernetic Cinema said:

I wasn't pointing to a single individual or a select group. I was just stating how I see things on a more general matter. But hey I appreciate the fact that you had your own opinion mate!

What the hell is this response. It actually has nothing to do with what I said in any way.

@Cybernetic Cinema the Robot

1 minute ago, tditdatdwt said:

What the hell is this response. It actually has nothing to do with what I said in any way.

Welp that's what I get for reading a response wrong X.x No need to be harsh about it. Anyways, I did manage to respond half correctly though as I really do like that you had an honest opinion.

1 minute ago, Cybernetic Cinema said:

Welp that's what I get for reading a response wrong X.x No need to be harsh about it. Anyways, I did manage to respond half correctly though as I really do like that you had an honest opinion.

But you still have nothing to say, you're just trying real hard here to be nice. You were apparently on the forums since 2014.. so.. how.. how the hell can you even say the things you said, did you just forget everything? Were you even active?

7 minutes ago, tditdatdwt said:

But you still have nothing to say, you're just trying real hard here to be nice. You were apparently on the forums since 2014.. so.. how.. how the hell can you even say the things you said, did you just forget everything? Were you even active?

Of course I was active. Here's one of my posts:

And look, you commented xD 

Man it was so much fun to read those comments for some reason, but I still enjoy reading the ones given today also!

First, i'd have to disagree with this:

5 hours ago, Cybernetic Cinema said:

people who put little to no effort in there animations/art tend to get a higher praise than the ones who could create masterpieces and just get dirt.

Second, this is still a small "loving" community. In some ways we aren't exactly loving, such as fad content, we don't exactly welcome it here. (unless it's high quality) But we are still a community that supports each other in a way.

Third, I can't come up with a third response to this.