Render Distance

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

The idea for this is when you need to import a big map and mine-imator starts to slow down. So how about a option to limit render distance. How it should work is 100% distance will render the whole map. Then when you lower the distance, say 50%, half the map will only load. 1% would be the center of the map. However, maybe a height limit should be added as well.

1 minute ago, Air Block said:

fog doesn't cut it

I tried that, doesn't really free up cpu.

You should just put sectors of your scene in Folders that you can set to Invisible when you're not working on/with them, that is if your Project is that big or complex.

1 hour ago, Nimi said:

So an option to change the camera's clipping?

I think what he means is an unloading and loading thing when its close enough, but I'm not sure how that'd work since the schematics are one big thing in Mine-imator (Unless you render them in chunks, and even then there'd be no real point to it while you can just do what @Emaniplex said)

4 minutes ago, Spontaneous Explosions said:

by saying 100% will render the whole map, do you mean the whole MI world? cause that's basically infinite,or maybe will go on and on and on untill you  computer has no more memory.Or do you mean the whole schematic?

the whole schematic