Gun rig (Requested by Artamiel Crescent)

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

So yeah...

I just made a gun rig (requested by @Artamiel Crescent

I know this look like my old Heavy pulse riffle rig, I'm not re-colored it.

Pictures:

Spoiler

bnCmmXy.png

Glow effect:

ygKtpkg.png

Laser included (if it too short, resize it)

dNWep2d.png

Front view

2vAicQ2.png

Back view

ZvraDP6.png

Side view:

dgRinlH.png

Download

2 minutes ago, Cube Productions said:

Y tho

only using cubes is very efficient, for one part it takes up almost no memory, and the files dont need to be put into a folder, so you get a very clean project.

16 minutes ago, lifecraft said:

only using cubes is very efficient, for one part it takes up almost no memory, and the files dont need to be put into a folder, so you get a very clean project.

Heh, textures can make up for more impressive rigs, and more detailed too. The only space a 256x256 image takes are a few kilobytes. Folders are easier to find because they pop on top of your Downloads folder. Cubes are faster to make and more efficient, but textures give off the better look with only a very slight difference in file size and it's worth the time making. Like comparing a Nissan with a Ferrari. It's also better to use BOTH textures and cubes because of the cube's easier modeling and texture's detailed good looks.

Edited by Cube Productions
I forgot that Ford Pinto explodes.

2 minutes ago, Cube Productions said:

Heh, textures can make up for more impressive rigs, and more detailed too. The only space a 256x256 image takes are a few kilobytes. Folders are easier to find because they pop on top of your Downloads folder. Cubes are faster to make and more efficient, but textures give off the better look with only a very slight difference in file size and it's worth the time making. Like comparing a Ford Pinto with a Ferrari Enzo. It's also better to use BOTH textures and cubes because of the cube's easier modeling and texture's detailed good looks.

but using textures can take twice as long and is much easier to mess up. sure maybe texture space is not a big problem, another issue is that with certain situation you will end up with many stretched textures. of course that is just my personal preference, i try to limit my use of textures and just stick to more sold designs.   

1 minute ago, Cube Productions said:

--snip--

The reason we use textures for rigs instead of putting textures on cubes are to AVOID stretching.

depending on what you are making can mean weather or not you get stretched textures, no matter what you do, there is always a way to create a stretched texture on somthing

2 minutes ago, DrCuto said:

Guy....

This is a topic, not a battle field!

Agree.

3 minutes ago, lifecraft said:

depending on what you are making can mean weather or not you get stretched textures, no matter what you do, there is always a way to create a stretched texture on somthing

I insist on my opinion that textures are superior.

1 minute ago, DrCuto said:

Guy....

This is a topic, not a battle field!

fine....

3 minutes ago, Cube Productions said:

Agree.

I insist on my opinion that textures are superior.

maybe your right, maybe i don't understand mine-imator, maybe i have outdated methods, but that is your opinion. not mine.

-lifecraft

6 minutes ago, lifecraft said:

fine....

maybe your right, maybe i don't understand mine-imator, maybe i have outdated methods, but that is your opinion. not mine.

-lifecraft

Man... don't let yourself down, you are a good member, you make good animation, why you let yourself down like that?