Deleted Animation

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Question

I was working on a fight animation for 2 hours. Everything looked smooth and all was well, then I saved it and exited out of the program. I went into Mineimator projects to check and accidentally deleted the folder with the animation I was working on. What do I do now?

Edited by Creeperz Animations

8 answers to this question

40 minutes ago, Creeperz Animations said:

I was working on a fight animation for 2 hours. Everything looked smooth and all was well, then I saved it and exited out of the program. I went into Mineimator projects to check and accidentally deleted the folder with the animation I was working on. What do I do now?

Well Mineimator makes backups of your project after a certain amount of time. But the problem is that the backups are saved inside of that project folder, so if something happens to the stuff inside of the project then it will happen to the back ups as well. Now I never really looked into the chance of being able to change where those backups end up but if you deleted the folder and deleted it from the recycle bin you most likely find a program that picks up scraps left by anything removed. 

I had the same problem but what happened was my files got corrupted and I tried to recover them. It didn't work so I had to redo it all. Try this: https://www.softperfect.com/products/filerecovery/

Edited by Cybernetic Cinema

12 minutes ago, Cybernetic Cinema said:

Well Mineimator makes backups of your project after a certain amount of time. But the problem is that the backups are saved inside of that project folder, so if something happens to the stuff inside of the project then it will happen to the back ups as well. Now I never really looked into the chance of being able to change where those backups end up but if you deleted the folder and deleted it from the recycle bin you most likely find a program that picks up scraps left by anything removed. 

I had the same problem but what happened was my files got corrupted and I tried to recover them. It didn't work so I had to redo it all. Try this: https://www.softperfect.com/products/filerecovery/

You Quoted the Topic.

Why.

19 hours ago, Creeperz Animations said:

Thanks guys, but unfortunately, it is gone forever, noooooooooooooooooooo, but I'll just make something else, thanks for all the suggestions guys!

that "nooo" was so hilariously cringey.. Well, it can't be gone "forever". Keep looking