The Wanderer [Minecraft Animation]

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

13 minutes ago, DizzyProductions said:

Credit for that 5 mins also good animation ma dude!

Thanks Man! It was originally 10 minutes long, but I was able to condense it down to 5.

12 minutes ago, EnderSculptor said:

Neat!

Thank you very much!

I know my signature says "Simple Criticism" but its time that I disobey that just for a quick second.

- First off let me say the lighting at night especially for MI was amazing. Almost on a Blender or C4D level of lighting.

- The soundtrack choices were very nice and definitely set the mood for the scenes.

- The animation was nice, sometimes it was a little on the wonky side, but it was 3:45 seconds worth of animation so overall the animation was very nice.

- And lastly some of the audio could of been normalized, for example - The footsteps were very loud. But thats just a minor thing I wouldnt worry about it to much.

Overall great job if I could give it more reputation I would, but sadly I can only give it +1. Keep up the great work and if you ever wanna learn Blender which makes animations like these look more smooth and have better lighting, feel free to ask me. I have a ton of free time and I would be totally down to teach someone how to use Blender. 

Any type of respectful criticism is welcome! In my previous animations, I struggled with having good lighting. However, in this animation I spent a decent amount of time on lighing alone for each scene. And I'm glad to hear someone noticed! 

At some point I do plan on moving to blender, so yeah I'd apprecite that help!

Just now, Enchantek said:

The night lighting scenes were good, but it still needed work. At night, there are still shadows, and a lot of people forget this. You don't need to do it, but Kiepocu made a tutorial that may be useful.

I mean to be completely technical here. The moon would emit light that would create a very very dim shadow, but you do have a point.

1 hour ago, Nerdinq said:

About 2 minutes if cinematic shots, that's 2/5 of the actual animation. If this had credits, etc. The shots would have meaning. None the less, gj

Not too sure what your definition of actual animation is. Every shot I created whether it was cinematic or not had some form of animation in it. Excluding like 3 shots. If what you're actually trying to say is that there isn't a whole lot going on in each scene, I can understand that. None the less, I appreciate your feedback!

1 hour ago, Enchantek said:

The night lighting scenes were good, but it still needed work. At night, there are still shadows, and a lot of people forget this. You don't need to do it, but Kiepocu made a tutorial that may be useful.

1 hour ago, The Last Dreadnought said:

I mean to be completely technical here. The moon would emit light that would create a very very dim shadow, but you do have a point.

You both have great points! I'll take a look at this thank you!