How To Properly Use Eye Glow

Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Really? 32 upvotes on this?

It doesn't really show much effort and doesn't show it deserves such approval just because of a popular opinion. I feel like it's a waste of a slot in the popular creations tab.

Maybe this isn't the way of showing people what's wrong with glowy eyes. Maybe you could've added some glowing in the eyes and many other details, since it looks pretty flat to me.

40 minutes ago, -StickyMations- said:

Really? 32 upvotes on this?

It doesn't really show much effort and doesn't show it deserves such approval just because of a popular opinion. I feel like it's a waste of a slot in the popular creations tab.

Maybe this isn't the way of showing people what's wrong with glowy eyes. Maybe you could've added some glowing in the eyes and many other details, since it looks pretty flat to me.

Not to make it amazing but to give an example. 

I just want to ask because I have no idea what happened between the 4 months I disappeared from the internet. 

When did glowing eyes become bad?
(tbh if you say it was bad when i started it then pls quiet and let the real people talk because you did a bad job of stating that when I started doing it years ago)

2 hours ago, The Tan James said:

I just want to ask because I have no idea what happened between the 4 months I disappeared from the internet. 

When did glowing eyes become bad?
(tbh if you say it was bad when i started it then pls quiet and let the real people talk because you did a bad job of stating that when I started doing it years ago)

They became bad when people found out eyes humans don't have lightbulbs behind their eyeballs.

6 hours ago, x3j50 said:

They became bad when people found out eyes humans don't have lightbulbs behind their eyeballs.

alright I get that. But i mean imo I could care less about how realistic a Minecraft animation is. I just want to make it look nice.

8 minutes ago, The Tan James said:

alright I get that. But i mean imo I could care less about how realistic a Minecraft animation is. I just want to make it look nice.

And glowing eyes don't make it look nice.

7 hours ago, x3j50 said:

What I don't get is, why do people look down upon a single, worthless, unimportant little glowing effect on the eyes of a character that is not perjudicial in any way to the creation is being used in or the people who see the creation, to the point where in some cases people forget to criticize other aspects of stuff and only complain about a single thing in it because they strongly feel it's wrong? I'm confused

6 minutes ago, -StickyMations- said:

What I don't get is, why do people look down upon a single, worthless, unimportant little glowing effect on the eyes of a character that is not perjudicial in any way to the creation is being used in or the people who see the creation, to the point where in some cases people forget to criticize other aspects of stuff and only complain about a single thing in it because they strongly feel it's wrong? I'm confused

It looks bad and I feel it ruined everything else. 

2 minutes ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

Mind giving a good explanation besides "I feel"? Since I could say that Monster School is a good series just because I feel it is, but you wouldn't say that's an accurate argument, would you? Also, how it looks bad exactly? What aspects of an animation with glowing eyes would get ruined because of it?

Just now, EthanForeverAlone said:

If that ruins and ENTIRE animation for you then imo that's kind of sad. I mean how do you ever enjoy anything if one tiny slip up is gonna ruin it.

36 minutes ago, -StickyMations- said:

Mind giving a good explanation besides "I feel"? Since I could say that Monster School is a good series just because I feel it is, but you wouldn't say that's an accurate argument, would you? Also, how it looks bad exactly? What aspects of an animation with glowing eyes would get ruined because of it?

The character is usually the main focus of the animation. 

13 hours ago, -StickyMations- said:

I agree that people shouldn't look down upon glowing eyes, but if they do, it's their choice, although still, people should criticize more further into it, much starters have left because they didn't know how things work around here, wich is kind of sad.

41 minutes ago, Craftindiedo said:

-snipadoodle-

Your welcome, Daddy Ethan. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

The bloom is strong in this one

14 hours ago, The Tan James said:

If that ruins and ENTIRE animation for you then imo that's kind of sad. I mean how do you ever enjoy anything if one tiny slip up is gonna ruin it.

It's not even a slip up, it's a choice of style and I don't like it. 

8 hours ago, EthanForeverAlone said:

It's not even a slip up, it's a choice of style and I don't like it. 

Choice of style? Well alright, if you don't like it then go ahead and not like it. many others just like doing it. (God lately the forums have been bashing on anything they can get their hands on)