Message added by TopicLocker3000

This topic was automatically locked after 6 months of inactivity. If you are the topic owner, please contact a moderator to have it unlocked.

Hey! I have a new suggestion for MI:CE. Its rendering an object over another. An example is Links hair and eyes from Wind Waker,

ulvt8ef.jpg

Notice how his eyes and eyebrows 'overlap' his hair, while being under it. (I suck at explaining >.<)

Its probably a hard thing to do, (but I don't do 3D things in game maker... lol) but I think it'll be a nice addition for rigging things, xD

edit: Basically anime eyes and hair.

Edited by Sonicxryan
I spelt MI:CM.

how bout you just put it .001 pixel above it , it will still look like its flat.

The problem with that is that a lot of people (A lot of people = me) make 3D rigs (With spheres and things,), so it'd be hard to make eyes overlapping hair... and then when the hair isn't in the way it would just be floating. Just think of Toon Link, but as I described him. (I'm not surprised if nothing pops into your head, as I said. "I suck at explaining >.<" XD)

The problem with that is that a lot of people (A lot of people = me) make 3D rigs (With spheres and things,), so it'd be hard to make eyes overlapping hair... and then when the hair isn't in the way it would just be floating. Just think of Toon Link, but as I described him. (I'm not surprised if nothing pops into your head, as I said. "I suck at explaining >.<" XD)

If you make heads with spheres, put the eye texture on a sphere, then parent the sphere to the head. Doing so might warp the eye texture a bit, so edit it in an external program or something.

9 hours ago, Skjold said:

Can't you already do this? You can just change the render order of the eyes.

I mean come on. This isn't rocket science.

Without changing the opacity of the hair, (Unless theres an actual render order thing... XD)

EDIT: Cant find anything to do with that, other than render depth.

59 minutes ago, JosSamLoh said:

You could always invert the object but I don't think that'll look great

I tried that, but yeah, it didn't look great, xD

Edited by Sonicxryan
So no, you cant already do this. xD

2 hours ago, Sonicxryan said:

Without changing the opacity of the hair, (Unless theres an actual render order thing... XD)

EDIT: Cant find anything to do with that, other than render depth.

I meant render depth. You can already easily do this.

Edited by Skjold

2 hours ago, Skjold said:

I meant render depth. You can already easily do this.

Yeah, I tried render depth, that's what I mean by 'EDIT: Cant find anything to do with that, other than render depth.' xD